Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would look at that as a player trading position myself, we have a lot of players in those designated positions. The central position needs strengthing as a priority. It would then be a big power full no 8 for me.

If Walcott, Sandro, Mirallas, Bolaise, Niasse, Tosun etc can be player traded to cover the spread of another addition i dont mind. But its silly and not viable to keep stock piling players for positions without rationalising and as i say above other positions would be a priority in my opinion.
Oh I agree, and I'd arguably throw Lookman's name into the hat too.

I know our activity will be to a large extent driven by FFP and club finances in general, with wage bill being the biggest obstacle. But the bottom line is those players mentioned are not good enough for us to challenge the top 6, which , let's face it, will be the fans minimum requirement next season. Hopefully Brands will be able to sell most of those players, otherwise they go on loan again so at least wage bills are covered/partly covered.

All well and good to say our 'targets' for the summer have been identified. This does not mean we will get all of them or not have to lose out in a bidding war. Every DoF and Scout can play at Football Transfer Manager. We are only likely to get our targets without fuss if they completely under the radar players from some unexpected sources. So most likely we will still see the transfers drawn out over the summer til the end of the window.

I think what you can draw from it is that a lot of homework has been done and signed off on two months before the End of the current season. We're not likely to be scrambling around at the end of August trying to sign players, as has been our M.O. since the transfer window came into existence.

Oh I agree, and I'd arguably throw Lookman's name into the hat too.

I know our activity will be to a large extent driven by FFP and club finances in general, with wage bill being the biggest obstacle. But the bottom line is those players mentioned are not good enough for us to challenge the top 6, which , let's face it, will be the fans minimum requirement next season. Hopefully Brands will be able to sell most of those players, otherwise they go on loan again so at least wage bills are covered/partly covered.

Its what it bolis down to really, the headlines will be about who we can bring in, but it will be the outs i will be looking at and the job of work. The squad is still basket case territory.

I would be a big Ade fan myself, id hold on to him with both hands tied to the titanic. Absolute quality the lad. Rough edges mind.

Its what it bolis down to really, the headlines will be about who we can bring in, but it will be the outs i will be looking at and the job of work. The squad is still basket case territory.

I would be a big Ade fan myself, id hold on to him with both hands tied to the titanic. Absolute quality the lad. Rough edges mind.
I've always defended the lad in here, and I did say "arguably". Just some of the things Marco is throwing out there gives the impression that he isn't really doing it in training. I may be wrong and I hope he does fulfil his potential here. But if the lad really doesn't want to be here then I think we should cash in whilst his profile is still high. Hopefully he'll do well with the U21s in the summer.

Jarrod Bowen is the Championship player I would like to see us go for.

We've been linked with him in the past but now Spurs seem to be very interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.