Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's Barcelona but as a RW why would you go there and think you have any chance of actually playing meaningful games.

They just want Barcelona on their CV. Most of them must know they're not going to feature.

They'll go for the off chance they can make it (even out of position) and safe in the knowledge that they'll be able to get another move to a good club after that. Failing at Barca doesn't damage your stock as a player much if at all.

I’ve seen a few people mentioning signings from the South American leagues, as that’s been Brands’ m.o in the past.

My question would be, would any of the players he signed for his previous clubs have been eligible for a work permit in the PL?

What are the requirements these days?

I’ve seen a few people mentioning signings from the South American leagues, as that’s been Brands’ m.o in the past.

My question would be, would any of the players he signed for his previous clubs have been eligible for a work permit in the PL?

What are the requirements these days?

Top 15% of transfer fee that window and similar for salary

If they dont have the required caps

Top 15% of transfer fee that window and similar for salary

If they dont have the required caps

You’d also have to factor, the level of player he went for when based in Holland to be a player who wouldn’t have been in the best crop. Whereas we can offer the big wages and potentially take the risk on the more highly rated South American’s, which will either be reflected in fee, wages or both.

PSV and other Dutch clubs would have been hindered more by fee/wages than WP.

If they are good enough, they will bypass the criteria by hitting the fee/wages criteria.

I wonder if Andre Gomes may be taken back to Barcelona and looked at again by the management.
I have no doubt he would have had a big influence on that game on Tuesday and I thought he was exactly the kind of player that team needed to give them a bit of steel and composure.
I will never understand how they allowed Digne to leave.

I wonder if Andre Gomes may be taken back to Barcelona and looked at again by the management.
I have no doubt he would have had a big influence on that game on Tuesday and I thought he was exactly the kind of player that team needed to give them a bit of steel and composure.
I will never understand how they allowed Digne to leave.

Doubtful. They’ve just bought that young Ajax midfielder so have even less need of him. Plus they’ll be looking to recoup some of the outlay on him and possibly his Ajax centreback teammate

How come Marcel Brands was reported to be scouting Jao Felix last year and I am yet to see a single link to Everton in this window?
I see £100m quoted for United and City... surely if we have been scouting him then there is legitimate interest? What a signing he would be

Status
Not open for further replies.