Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair Hulls old left back has done well, while it’s been some journey from Stoke to the CL final for Shaquiri.

Shakiri hardly first choice. Can’t get in the squad ahead of mane and Salah. Half decent but not someone to carry them to the next level. We need to sign our own “Salah” and “mane” if you get what I mean.

Sad isn’t it, many of us is stuck with the mindset that we should behave like a mid table team, sign half decent players and that’s the furthest we can achieve. I cannot understand why even bother about football if we have this mindset.

We can all be patient and understand there’s a bigger picture but I ain’t settling for second best ever and never will do.

Shakiri hardly first choice. Can’t get in the squad ahead of mane and Salah. Half decent but not someone to carry them to the next level. We need to sign our own “Salah” and “mane” if you get what I mean.

Ah he’s in the squad alright and plays a fair bit like tonight, I mean it’s a CL semi.

Ah I do of course know where your coming from and you are right you need that special player/s probably only likely to be found on the world market, I do think however think there are really good players out there in the UK who given the opportunity can be successful, Robertson is a good example.

I think you need a mix of both to be honest, we will never have 11 world stars and even if we did you need the likes of Shapiri, Milner, Henderson etc in a squad if you want to be successful. At that level you are only as strong as the depth of your squad.

The only ones who can afford to pay huge money on squad players are City and maybe Utd at a push. Elsewise you have to be strategic. You need your Robertson’s, Shaquiris, Milners and Henderson’s.

Hell Leinster won a title with a team of them.

I do take your point though, I’m not so sure it has to be exclusive.

Ah he’s in the squad alright and plays a fair bit like tonight, I mean it’s a CL semi.

Ah I do of course and you are right you need that special player probably only likely to be found on the world market, I do think however there are really good players out there in the UK who given the opportunity can be successful, Robertson is a good example.

I think you need a mix of both to be honest, we will never have 11 world stars and even if we did you need the likes of Shapiri, Milner, Henderson etc in a squad if you want to be successful. At that level you are only as strong as the depth of your squad.

The only ones who can afford to pay huge money on squad players are City and maybe Utd at a push. Elsewise you have to be strategic. You need your Robertson’s, Shaquiris, Miller’s and Henderson’s.

He’ll Leinster won a title with a team of them.

I do take your point though, I’m not so sure it has to be exclusive.

Problem is we have a team full of Shaqiri Henderson Milner and not enough Salah. This is the difference in achieving the next level. Do we need more “shakiri”?

Problem is we have a team full of Shaqiri Henderson Milner and not enough Salah. This is the difference in achieving the next level. Do we need more “shakiri”?

Won’t argue with you there. Ha ha I remember getting shot down on here for wanting to sign Salah when he was at Basel and when he bombed at Chelsea (rather never given a run) To be fair I never thought he would get to the goal scoring levels he has.

The columndrum is at that time if people were given a choice of signing Salah from Basel or Chelsea or Shaquiri from Bayern, to a man everyone would have went with Shaquiri.

A pet hate of mine is actually that it was Koeman who actually signed Mane. We got Bolaise.

Last edited:
Won’t argue with you there. Ha ha I remember getting shot down on here for wanting to sign Salah when he was at Basel and when he bombed at Chelsea (rather never given a run) To be fair I never thought he would get to the goal scoring levels he has.

The columndrum is at that time if people were given a choice of signing Salah from Basel or Chelsea or Shaquiri from Bayern, to a man everyone would have went with Shaquiri.

A pet hate of mine is actually that it was Koeman who actually signed Mane. We got Bolaise.

Who is your choice of “Salah” we should sign now?

In that position the best already not at a big club I have seen who could hit those heights is Lozano, it was the World Cup that did it for me, I watched it not wanting to like him because everyone was creaming on here about him, he is class though with massive headroom and the spirit to succeed, Italy could ruin him though. I think it’s not a good move for him.

Though absolute world class waiting to happen is Felix at Porto.

If I was going for someone who fell on hard times but with massive potential like Salah it would be Thomas Lemar.

I think Youri Tielmans is world class in the making to.

Last edited:

A few years ago before his move to Shakhtar. Incredible, also oddly see's him set up the one and only JO.

and Yes, that is Ronaldinho.

In that position the best already not at a big club I have seen who could hit those heights is Lozano, it was the World Cup that did it for me, I watched it not wanting to like him because everyone was creaming on here about him, he is class though with massive headroom and the spirit to succeed, Italy could ruin him though. I think it’s not a good move for him.

If I was going for someone who fell on hard times but with massive potential like Salah it would be Thomas Lemar.

I didnt watch the RS game last night.

But for me, the takeaway under Klopp has been a core group of English players...same trend with many successful clubs here and overseas.

It may not be glamorous but it seems necessary.

Id be keen on us going after another wave of young English talent for the squad, 4-5 high potential young players with two first choice additions on top.

The Swansea winger, Derby right back and Coventry midfielder seem to fit the bill...

Joao felix? Benfica?

There was a major flaw with his game that I think would get exposed after a few months in the PL and it was blatantly obvious in the World Cup. He cuts back on his right far to often.

The lad is a quick as lightening and on the counter he’d be brilliant. My only concern would be if he gets swamped if he had the finesse to make magic happen rather then rely solely on his pace

Status
Not open for further replies.