2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to the Bernard of earlier on in the season in that 2nd half last night. Seemed like he gave the ball away about 90%+ of the times he had it during the 2nd half.

He has a lot of ability though and in recent months he's improved a lot. Had a decent first half yesterday too, but I just find it frustrating how he overcomplicates things.

Bernard is an example of a player who can do no wrong in some of the fanbases eyes though in comparison to someone like Gana who will be groaned at, any times he misplaces a pass, despite doing his primary job brilliantly. Whereas Bernard can run the ball out, pass it out of play, mess up attempted skill and will still be praised. Bit of an odd one for me that.

Back to the Bernard of earlier on in the season in that 2nd half last night. Seemed like he gave the ball away about 90%+ of the times he had it during the 2nd half.

He has a lot of ability though and in recent months he's improved a lot. Had a decent first half yesterday too, but I just find it frustrating how he overcomplicates things.

Bernard is an example of a player who can do no wrong in some of the fanbases eyes though in comparison to someone like Gana who will be groaned at, any times he misplaces a pass, despite doing his primary job brilliantly. Whereas Bernard can run the ball out, pass it out of play, mess up attempted skill and will still be praised. Bit of an odd one for me that.

....different skill sets, but Bernard is a super footballer who also plays like the game matters.

Imagine.... just imagine there are fans who worship lukaku and his size 12 steel toe capped boots and will slate a man who dances around the pitch in a pair of Velcro slippers.........

If talking about Bernard at Everton and Lukaku at Everton.

One of them produced goals time and time again in a blue shirt, whilst the other shows signs that he can do something great and only pulls it off 50% of the time if that. Bernard needs to calm down when in possession as he's one of them who does something that amazes the crowd and instead of showing composure and producing an end product rushes something else, or tries something too clever and it doesn't come off.

Lovely player. Fantastic to watch. Think more of his little flicks and first time passes would come off with a quality forward in front of him.

Needs to add goals next year.

...his record suggests goals won’t be added, which is a big surprise given his technical ability.

Messi ball retention is about 50% sometimes. It's nice to have a 95% midfielder but someone has to bring the magic.

Lost the ball with passes in teh second half because players stopped moving and showing for it (as did most players in the second half) One in particular infront of me in Upper Bullens where DCL should have showed to give Bernard an out pass, he didn't and we lost the ball. If DCL did his job in that instance, pass wouldn't have gone astray.

You HAVE to accept that players like Bernard are creative and looking passes that hurt/break lines. Sometimes he will lose it. I love the fact that he see's a run and just pings it without hesitation, how many times over the years have we seen a great run ignored because someone like Barkley has hesitated?

Bernard has been nothing short of excellent for the past 10-12 games, even when we were in a real rut between both Derby games he was doing positive things.

Last edited:

...his record suggests goals won’t be added, which is a big surprise given his technical ability.

Very true. He’s had some gilt-edged chances this year and really lacked composure in his finish.

If he doesn’t deliver a decent return of goals or assists next year, he’ll come under pressure.

Mad really cos he’s probably the best technically gifted player we’ve got.

One of them produced goals against poor teams and often when it didnt matter in a blue shirt, whilst the other shows signs that he can do something great and only pulls it off 50% of the time if that. Bernard needs to calm down when in possession as he's one of them who does something that amazes the crowd and instead of showing composure and producing an end product rushes something else, or tries something too clever and it doesn't come off.

One of them produced goals time and time again in a blue shirt, whilst the other shows signs that he can do something great and only pulls it off 50% of the time if that. Bernard needs to calm down when in possession as he's one of them who does something that amazes the crowd and instead of showing composure and producing an end product rushes something else, or tries something too clever and it doesn't come off.
Yep lukaku.... the player who couldnt score in big games or against top sides and who had the touch of an elephant...

The lukaku who ran when it suited him... couldn't be bothered working for his team mates and moaned about playing for us and pimped himself out at every opportunity.

Vs Bernie..... a player who epitomizes what it was that made many of us love the game..... who made us enviously admire the kid in school who could dribble past 7 players in FA Singles.... a player who hasn't had s pre season and actually used games to get fit in the most physically demanding of leagues despite being one of the smallest.

Bernie.... who next season is going to be a ridiculous player with a pre season behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.