Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance, hes a decent prospect and if he improves loads he might be a good player, but hes not somebody we should dream of dropping 50m on.
Have you watched him much this year? He's more than a decent prospect, he's already one of the best players in Serie A. He's far and away Fiorentina's best player and he's just 21. He leads Serie A in take on success, he creates a ton of chances for his teammates, 2nd in the league in shot attempts, etc. He can score, he can create for his teammates and this just in - his teammates aren't great. The price was 70M this summer, apparently it's 100M now.

Intern, AC, Juventus all want him - my guess is that he goes this summer for 70/80M.

I honestly am not sure who I think is a better player outside the top clubs - there can't be many better young players for sure. Nicolas Pepe has had a wonderful year.

Have you watched him much this year? He's more than a decent prospect, he's already one of the best players in Serie A. He's far and away Fiorentina's best player and he's just 21. He leads Serie A in take on success, he creates a ton of chances for his teammates, 2nd in the league in shot attempts, etc. He can score, he can create for his teammates and this just in - his teammates aren't great. The price was 70M this summer, apparently it's 100M now.

Intern, AC, Juventus all want him - my guess is that he goes this summer for 70/80M.

I honestly am not sure who I think is a better player outside the top clubs - there can't be many better young players for sure. Nicolas Pepe has had a wonderful year.

Im just not seeing amazing digits and hes very, very slight, yes, slight players can succeed in this league, but for 70m, it would be quite the gamble, quite the gamble indeed.

Ok i agree with the Chelsea game however outside maybe 2 or 3 occasions in the Arsenal game i struggle to think of another...

the sulking dropping the head the moment something dosen’t go his way is frustrating as he is not pressing at that point or looking to get back and defend just acting like a petulant child

The diving is disgusting from any player and i hate it with a passion

As for the fee i totally agree, i don’t want to see him sold nor do i think he will be... and if he was to be he is as valuable to us as Romelu was and i felt he went too cheaply....

I want to see some competition that can force Richo to focus more work harder and be more of a team player

As i already said earlier the only player i want replaced is Gylfi
The bringing in more competition part is key. We need to be upgrading through the whole squad so if someone like Nere or whoever is available they should be signed even though we have Richarlison and Bernard.

Im just not seeing amazing digits and hes very, very slight, yes, slight players can succeed in this league, but for 70m, it would be quite the gamble, quite the gamble indeed.
Chiesa for 70 million is high. Decent player currently with room to grow. I'd say closer to what we paid for Richarlison and maybe it's doable.

Pepe would be awesome but he's basically the 3rd best player in that league so it isn't happening. Teams like United and Chelsea could do a lot worse.

The bringing in more competition part is key. We need to be upgrading through the whole squad so if someone like Nere or whoever is available they should be signed even though we have Richarlison and Bernard.

Its a tricky 1, while I agree, the issue is this.

Lets assume we did buy Neres, we would then have potentially 3 VERY good "wingers", which is great, but we then only have 2 CBs and are forced with picking between Tom Davies, Snides or James McCarthy in the middle of the park and picking between Tosun or Niasse to replace DCL when hes tired.

Basically our main priority should be the first 11.

IMO we need at the very least 1 CB, 1 CM and 1 ST, then we can think about improving the squad.

Its a tricky 1, while I agree, the issue is this.

Lets assume we did buy Neres, we would then have potentially 3 VERY good "wingers", which is great, but we then only have 2 CBs and are forced with picking between Tom Davies, Snides or James McCarthy in the middle of the park and picking between Tosun or Niasse to replace DCL when hes tired.

Basically our main priority should be the first 11.

IMO we need at the very least 1 CB, 1 CM and 1 ST, then we can think about improving the squad.
Let me preface this by saying I like Bernard and Richarlison a lot but neither has produced anywhere near enough chances created to be classed as very good and while they both offer other things we will need proper creators out wide if we plan on playing 4-3-3 at some point. I'm also assuming we are going to sign 3-4 players this summer minimum so we won't be leaving glaring holes anywhere. That's my hope at least.

Let me preface this by saying I like Bernard and Richarlison a lot but neither has produced anywhere near enough chances created to be classed as very good and while they both offer other things we will need proper creators out wide if we plan on playing 4-3-3 at some point. I'm also assuming we are going to sign 3-4 players this summer minimum so we won't be leaving glaring holes anywhere. That's my hope at least.

I did say potentially.

Rico has slotted, but he has drifted in and out of a lot of games, Bernie has also mostly shown flashes, but hes not producing a great deal. Rico is young and Bernie is adapting, both are adapting to a degree. I like them both, very exciting players and Neres of course would be very much a gamble.

Cant help but still feel as tho a lot of our dross is unshiftable, which will be the biggest obstacle in improving things, plus theres gonna be disgusting prices thrown around for players all over the show.

PSG and Real both need major work, Barca also, Juve, Bayern, all the big boys in Europe will be lashing dough everywhere, then of course the Premier League will just be spending it like confetti. No World Cup or Euros this summer, think theres a Copa tho??? But yeah, pretty insane window incoming I suspect.

For us, yes, of course. Obviously, it would be sending them Tosun & Mirallas + 50M. None of this is realistic, but I love the player and think he has the talent to be a top 5 player, if not the best player in the world. He's amazing. Will that happen? Not sure, but the talent is truly unique. But we have greater needs.

To me the priority is central midfield and CF 100%. We should and I believe WILL spend on those positions. We also have needs at RB, CB, GK, RW of course.

Would be nice to have another dynamic player out wide - someone younger, more developmental, but we cant spend 50 or 70M on a player that isn't in an area of immediate need. Chiesa also is an automatic starter from day one for whoever buys him - not sure why he'd move otherwise.

How many cheaper/developmental player we acquire depends on who we sell. If we end up selling Vlasic, Lookman, and/or Onyenkuru, these are 3 players that seem to fit what Brands is trying to acquire. Granted, he didn't acquire these players, but ideally we'd like to have a 2 deep ROSTER (squad) preferrably with younger talented players behind and pushing our starters. Chiesa isn't that.

I did say potentially.

Rico has slotted, but he has drifted in and out of a lot of games, Bernie has also mostly shown flashes, but hes not producing a great deal. Rico is young and Bernie is adapting, both are adapting to a degree. I like them both, very exciting players and Neres of course would be very much a gamble.

Cant help but still feel as tho a lot of our dross is unshiftable, which will be the biggest obstacle in improving things, plus theres gonna be disgusting prices thrown around for players all over the show.

PSG and Real both need major work, Barca also, Juve, Bayern, all the big boys in Europe will be lashing dough everywhere, then of course the Premier League will just be spending it like confetti. No World Cup or Euros this summer, think theres a Copa tho??? But yeah, pretty insane window incoming I suspect.
This is off topic a bit but I wonder what kind of flexibility PSG actually have financially. I guess it depends on whether the rules actually apply. Honestly we shouldn't be shopping for the same players as most of those since when it comes to it no one is choosing us at the moment. I still trust Brands.

For us, yes, of course. Obviously, it would be sending them Tosun & Mirallas + 50M. None of this is realistic, but I love the player and think he has the talent to be a top 5 player, if not the best player in the world. He's amazing. Will that happen? Not sure, but the talent is truly unique. But we have greater needs.

To me the priority is central midfield and CF 100%. We should and I believe WILL spend on those positions. We also have needs at RB, CB, GK, RW of course.

Would be nice to have another dynamic player out wide - someone younger, more developmental, but we cant spend 50 or 70M on a player that isn't in an area of immediate need. Chiesa also is an automatic starter from day one for whoever buys him - not sure why he'd move otherwise.

How many cheaper/developmental player we acquire depends on who we sell. If we end up selling Vlasic, Lookman, and/or Onyenkuru, these are 3 players that seem to fit what Brands is trying to acquire. Granted, he didn't acquire these players, but ideally we'd like to have a 2 deep ROSTER (squad) preferrably with younger talented players behind and pushing our starters. Chiesa isn't that.

Yeah I think with Lookman, Henry and Vlasic we have players with potential, that as others have said, if they werent our players we would probably want to sign them.

Granted Lookman hasnt really shone that much, but its where they all fit, I wouldnt say any of them are natural wingers/wing forwards. But all 3 have lots of potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.