Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
....I have a suspicion (but could be wrong), that Keane’s improved form last season was because of Zouma. The things Keane lacks (mobility, pace, powers of recovery etc), Zouma has in abundance. My fear is a Mina/Keane partnership could be exploited by pacy, powerful strikers in this league.

Tomori is a bit raw and lacks experience, but he’s rapid and was Derby’s player of the year last season. He’s a similar type to Zouma. Lampard, though, will know him very well and it’ll be interesting if Zouma is ahead of him in the Chelsea pecking order. Not sure Chelsea will want to keep both of them.
As I said previously if Chelsea refuse to let Tomori out on loan it will tell Zouma a lot about his ranking in the pecking order .
If he thinks Tomori is ahead of him he may force a move.
Lampard knows and rates Tomori and may want to oversee his development.
Zouma needs games to get into the French squad for the euros.
A Zouma /Mina partnership is very like the successful Mina /Sanchez partnership for Colombia

Issue Palace have now is, there's only a week of the window left. So even if they get £80m, how do they spend that to replace their best player. Could be catastrophic for them to sell at this stage
Haven't they just bid 14+ for Chalov?

A centre half, hopefully Zouma although i think it is highly unlikely at this stage, has to be a priority now over a winger.

If you look at our two main centre halves, Keane is one smack in the head away from possibly a couple of weeks out and Mina's injury record with us doesn't fill me with confidence. if they happen to be injured at the same time we are bunched!

A centre half, hopefully Zouma although i think it is highly unlikely at this stage, has to be a priority now over a winger.

If you look at our two main centre halves, Keane is one smack in the head away from possibly a couple of weeks out and Mina's injury record with us doesn't fill me with confidence. if they happen to be injured at the same time we are bunched!

not for me. A CB will come up on loan no doubt about that... a top class winger? no chance

Don't get me wrong i do think we are in desperate need of a top class winger.

But if it came down to one or the other it would have to be a CB.
I imagine with Bernard, Richarlison, DCL and Walcott, the wide positions won't be a priority unless there are more outgoings or a good opportunity presents itself.

I’m excited to see some potentially imminent transfers incoming, but also a bit gutted that the day is almost half over and there’s not been a single straightener offered.

Hopefully the Onyekeru transfers picks up pace so we can all fall out about whether or not he’s going to be world class like Vlasic.
If you're after straighteners ... Denise B-B and esk in Speke Morrison's according to the last page or so of the Usmanov thread.

Haven't they just bid 14+ for Chalov?
Apparently so but they would need him regardless as their current strikers are Benteke, Wickham (neither fit for purpose), Ayew (neither fit for purpose or a proper striker) and Sorloth (unknown quantity).

The weird thing is they've had the Wan Bissaka money for a while now and only spent £2.5m on Jordan Ayew (no idea how he still gets bought by Premier League teams)

Another CB is urgent. Holgate is the only cover we have and I'm still not convinced on Yerry Mina. I understand he hasn't had a consistent run in the PL but we still require a good CB. If we did pull off Zouma, I think this could be one of our best transfer windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.