Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Issue Palace have now is, there's only a week of the window left. So even if they get £80m, how do they spend that to replace their best player. Could be catastrophic for them to sell at this stage
There was a link to Sarr from Rennes, who Watford have been chasing all summer. When Arsenal came in for Zaha, that must be nearly 3 weeks ago. I’m sure palace started to look at alternatives.

They sold AWB over a month ago and I’m sure they still haven’t bought a replacement.

Think it would depend on how much the lad agitates for a move myself, if i was in Palaces position i would want to keep him or would look for the 80 mill, what i wouldn't want is an unhappy agitated leading player.
Just not convinced he is at all interested in moving to us. He wanted a CL club or his boyhood club. If he gave us any encouragement it was only to force Arsenal’s hand.
I think that’s the reason we called time on this after one bid, the player just doesn’t want the move.

So out of the most recent concrete links let’s see how many come in before next weekend:

Tomori
Gbamin
Lemina
Reinier
Zaha
Malcom
Kean

Reinier can’t come in until Jan, but I reckon we’ll announce on deadline day, just to put a polish on the window.

I reckon we’ll announce Kean tonight and Gbamin on Friday morning.

I have a funny feeling - although I’m not a big fan - that Zaha is ON and he’ll be a deadline day arrival (effectively ruling him out of the Palace game, probably by design as a “gentleman’s agreement”).

CB (hopefully Zouma) on deadline day as well.

I can’t see us getting a RB in, but that’s probably just due to the lack of links to anyone. Wouldn’t put it past Brands to unveil the next Cafu before all’s said and done.

he done what he was paid to do

never done a good job though, he created a toxic goodison, some of the worst boring performances I have ever seen

anyways not to the thread to start my hatred for that fat blurt

NO TO CAHILL!
Maybe one to put in if we don't get a defender in before deadline? But only last resort.

I really cant see a lot in the Tomori links.
He would not get a lot of game time ahead of Keane and Mina

....I have a suspicion (but could be wrong), that Keane’s improved form last season was because of Zouma. The things Keane lacks (mobility, pace, powers of recovery etc), Zouma has in abundance. My fear is a Mina/Keane partnership could be exploited by pacy, powerful strikers in this league.

Tomori is a bit raw and lacks experience, but he’s rapid and was Derby’s player of the year last season. He’s a similar type to Zouma. Lampard, though, will know him very well and it’ll be interesting if Zouma is ahead of him in the Chelsea pecking order. Not sure Chelsea will want to keep both of them.

....I have a suspicion (but could be wrong), that Keane’s improved form last season was because of Zouma. The things Keane lacks (mobility, pace, powers of recovery etc), Zouma has in abundance. My fear is a Mina/Keane partnership could be exploited by pacy, powerful strikers in this league.

Tomori is a bit raw and lacks experience, but he’s rapid and was Derby’s player of the year last season. He’s a similar type to Zouma. Lampard, though, will know him very well and it’ll be interesting if Zouma is ahead of him in the Chelsea pecking order. Not sure Chelsea will want to keep both of them.

Yep.

Football is very much about partnerships and the more that link well the better the whole team becomes.

Zouma must still be a priority.

If Chelsea would choose Zouma over Tomori + 40m, do we want Tomori?

Reinier can’t come in until Jan, but I reckon we’ll announce on deadline day, just to put a polish on the window.

I reckon we’ll announce Kean tonight and Gbamin on Friday morning.

I have a funny feeling - although I’m not a big fan - that Zaha is ON and he’ll be a deadline day arrival (effectively ruling him out of the Palace game, probably by design as a “gentleman’s agreement”).

CB (hopefully Zouma) on deadline day as well.

I can’t see us getting a RB in, but that’s probably just due to the lack of links to anyone. Wouldn’t put it past Brands to unveil the next Cafu before all’s said and done.

Agree with pretty much all of this. Is the Arias from Atletico talk dead? Would be a good loan addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.