Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still need:
- First choice center back
- First choice winger
- First choice striker
- Right back (ideally first choice, more realistically cover)

----------------Pickford
Coleman---CB---Mina---Digne
----------Gueye---Gomes
Richarlison---Siggy---Winger
-----------------Striker

Still need:
- First choice CDM
- First choice winger
- First choice striker Kean?

----------------Pickford
------------CDM---Gomes
-----------------Striker

Mainly because he is an good ball playing centre back?
He's perfect for Man City's system because he's good on the ball and good at covering in behind. He would not be good for us because we are nowhere near as dominant as City and he isn't as good when forced to actually drop in and defend for any kind of extended period. He isn't what we need.

And that's without even addressing the fact that he isn't for sale and probably isn't interested in coming back here from the team that will probably win their third straight title. We aren't signing Stones.

So Kean, Jesus and Gblammo currently look on, still no Right Back links, still no Centre Backs or Widers. Brands is an actual ninja.

I know people think this Gblammo can play RB and CB, but its like saying Snides can play RB and CB, hes a CM for me all day long, doesnt even look like a DM.

Still need:
- First choice CDM
- First choice winger

----------------Pickford
------------CDM---Gomes
-----------------Striker
To be fair I think Bernard and Richarlison are more than good enough to start on the wings, especially when we get a better striker in (Kean). It's not their fault they didn't get more assists due to DCL being absolutely kack, although granted Bernard could and should score more.

CDM looks like it'll be sorted soon.

Centre back I agree we should be looking there, for at least somebody who can strongly challenge to start. I'd go for a strong CB either from the Championship or abroad. Mina may be fine this season, but we need better than Holgate.

I think Seamus is ok for this season, and Holgate can fill in in an emergency I suppose.

To be fair I think Bernard and Richarlison are more than good enough to start on the wings, especially when we get a better striker in (Kean). It's not their fault they didn't get more assists due to DCL being absolutely kack, although granted Bernard could and should score more.

CDM looks like it'll be sorted soon.

Centre back I agree we should be looking there, for at least somebody who can strongly challenge to start. I'd go for a strong CB either from the Championship or abroad. Mina may be fine this season, but we need better than Holgate.

I think Seamus is ok for this season, and Holgate can fill in in an emergency I suppose.

Are you ok with Walcott Sam?

Cos I know I aint, ws need 1, we need 5 players, nothing less.

Are you ok with Walcott Sam?

Cos I know I aint, ws need 1, we need 5 players, nothing less.
I am not ok with him starting. I would like us to get a better winger in, but I don't think we need somebody to go into the starting xi, as Richarlison and Bernard are both superb. I mean, I always want us to get better players, but regards starting xi players I think we have bigger fish to fry.

I am not ok with him starting. I would like us to get a better winger in, but I don't think we need somebody to go into the starting xi, as Richarlison and Bernard are both superb. I mean, I always want us to get better players, but regards starting xi players I think we have bigger fish to fry.

Walcott is useless and wingers/attackers are the most likely to be substituted to attempt to change a game. Richarlison and Bernard shouldn't be starting 38 games, and that's even without taking into account injuries. Bernard can also move inside as needed if others are underperforming/injured (we currently have no backup to Sigurddson). We need three proper wide players, so it makes no sense to sign another 20mm third choice winger. We need a 10+ goal scoring boss winger to compliment Richy. We want to start moving up the league, we need to look at the quality that teams like Liverpool have on the wings (Mane and Salah each got 20+ goals) compared to Bernard's production (1 goal).

Walcott is useless and wingers/attackers are the most likely to be substituted to attempt to change a game. Richarlison and Bernard shouldn't be starting 38 games, and that's even without taking into account injuries. Bernard can also move inside as needed if others are underperforming/injured (we currently have no backup to Sigurddson). We need three proper wide players, so it makes no sense to sign another 20mm third choice winger. We need a 10+ goal scoring boss winger to compliment Richy. We want to start moving up the league, we need to look at the quality that teams like Liverpool have on the wings (Mane and Salah each got 20+ goals) compared to Bernard's production (1 goal).
Its baffling to me that people think we are fine without signing another winger. As soon as Lookman left we were short of cover. But we also need more quality as you said. Our defense was top 4 quality last season but we scored a similar number of goals as Palace (no offense). A striker will help some of that but Dom got 6 goals and Tosun 3 last year so are Kean and DCL going to get a greater enough total to hit 70ish next term? Unlikely imo. The wings need improvement too if we want to push the CL.

Its baffling to me that people think we are fine without signing another winger. As soon as Lookman left we were short of cover. But we also need more quality as you said. Our defense was top 4 quality last season but we scored a similar number of goals as Palace (no offense). A striker will help some of that but Dom got 6 goals and Tosun 3 last year so are Kean and DCL going to get a greater enough total to hit 70ish next term? Unlikely imo. The wings need improvement too if we want to push the CL.
Lookman played for like 4 games last year. We are missing nothing with him gone. We could definitely USE an upgrade at winger, but with a real CF, and Bernard getting another year in the league its much less pressing IMHO than CF and CB.

So Kean, Jesus and Gblammo currently look on, still no Right Back links, still no Centre Backs or Widers. Brands is an actual ninja.

I know people think this Gblammo can play RB and CB, but its like saying Snides can play RB and CB, hes a CM for me all day long, doesnt even look like a DM.

Mirallas is going to slot in comfortably at right back.

Lookman played for like 4 games last year. We are missing nothing with him gone. We could definitely USE an upgrade at winger, but with a real CF, and Bernard getting another year in the league its much less pressing IMHO than CF and CB.

Walcott proper stunk out the pitch for 2124 minutes last year, and that's with Bernard and Richarlison playing the majority of games and not suffering any serious injuries. We've lost Lookman (no great loss) but we're desperately short on quality players in the final third to ensure that wasters like Walcott get limited minutes.

It is less pressing than CF to be fair, where we are basically in crisis mode with a bottom half quality strike force. Hopefully Kean will fix that.

The problem is if one of Bernard or Richarlison had gotten hurt Lookman would have been needed. Which is why we are short now. It's the same reason we need Schneiderlin despite him not getting many minutes.

And as LABlue said Bernard got 1 goal last year. Unless he magically turns into someone who can push double digits or Kean is way better than expected, we are going to need someone else on the wings that can reliably chip in a few goals.

To me striker is solved. Kean is in. CB, CM and a winger are all equally pressing problems now. We can't ignore any of the three and not have both depth issues and potentially a shortness of quality at those positions.

Walcott proper stunk out the pitch for 2124 minutes last year, and that's with Bernard and Richarlison playing the majority of games and not suffering any serious injuries. We've lost Lookman (no great loss) but we're desperately short on quality players in the final third to ensure that wasters like Walcott get limited minutes.

It is less pressing than CF to be fair, where we are basically in crisis mode with a bottom half quality strike force. Hopefully Kean will fix that.

Walcott got a lot of time at the start of the season when Bernard wasn’t fit or ready to play. I agree we could use another winger as I don’t want to see Walcott playing for our first team again

Still need:
- First choice CDM
- First choice winger

----------------Pickford
------------CDM---Gomes
-----------------Striker

It amazes me that people think Mina would be first choice over Keane, not a cats chance in hell and albeit Minas 1st season, Keane should rightly be in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.