Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're signing better players WITHOUT European football under Brands, in comparison with European football under Walsh.

Imagine what our signings will be like in the future when we're knocking on the door of top 5/6.

Quiet exciting actually.

Not half mate I have watched him multiple times for Ajax and Lyon and bar obviously giving us a seeing to at goodison I’ve wanted to throw anything that not nailed down at him.

Frustrating and we are past that level.

State of you, crying about a player we’re not even in for ffs

Yeah I think it’s quite clear that he likes a number 10 in the side, especially when you see the way we press.

Apparently he does both
In that quote he doesn’t state his preference he just merely and objectively states what we used last season and how we were able to be a threat against the opposition using the 4231 system.

And I disagree that our pressing will be better in a 4231 opposed to a 433 where he plays with a 1-2 in the midfield. Having 2 CMs with the freedom to push on forward with a CDM that sits in behind them would make our press even more lethal compared to having Gylfi covering the whole width of the field on the press by himself.

Having more players available to press by changing formation slightly to his more preferred formation also lessens/completely removes the need for a player like Gana who is able to cover all the ground that Gylfi can’t on his own. If we play 2 pressing CMs that cuts that area to cover in half and we could easy slot in a player with less of an engine than Gana

Status
Not open for further replies.