Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree for almost everything except to loan Davies, we need to have at least 4 CM (Gana, Gomes, ??? & Davies)

I'll go with that :

Pickford
R. Pereira - Keane - Zouma - Digne
Gomes - Gueye
B. Traoré - Sigurdsson - Richarlison
Abraham

Substitutes : Lossl, Coleman, Mina, Holgate, Baines, Tyler Adams, Davies, Bowen, Walcott, Bernard, Lookman, DCL

(Bertrand Traoré OR Neres, both are great)
Tyler Adams? Not gonna happen.

Think everyone is singing off the same hymn sheet but bringing in another CM is vital in my opinion, someone who adds something to the midfield Gomes and Gana don't. Frack Kessie would be brilliant from what I have seen, breaks the lines brilliantly with his powerful running and eye for a pass.

RW is a tough one but I think we probably need someone more like Malcom than Neres?

Marcel if he gets Zouma, RB, CM, ST and RW we will have had for me a perfect summer and gives Silva all the tools he needs to do his job and get us into that top 4/6.
Kessie is the right type for sure. It was hard to watch Milan last year as they played some awful football. Think he's regressed, but that also might be an opportunity. Still like Sangare better.

My point was he’s worth whatever someone will pay.

It's not though is it otherwise no one would ever say "that's a bargain". Implying that a player was bought for less then his worth.

Something that plenty of posters on this very forum were saying only a few days ago about gomes.

It's not though is it otherwise no one would ever say "that's a bargain". Implying that a player was bought for less then his worth.

Something that plenty of posters on this very forum were saying only a few days ago about gomes.

Well, no. What you are talking about is subjective and entirely dependent on an individuals perspective.

Market value is what the market is willing to pay.

I get what you mean but if we're seen to be weak when it comes to selling players then people will keep on taking advantage.

For that price I'd rather loan him to a team in Germany (specifically not leverkusen) then try to sell him again next summer. We need to buck the trend and show we would rather walk away from a deal then take a bad deal. Once people know you are desperate and won't walk away then you loose all ability to negotiate.

He may of only played in poor leauges but he's excelled in those leauges he's been involved in 132 top flight games (in all competitions) and been involved in 78 goals (56 goals 17 assists). That's more then a 1 in 2 avarage. Put him in the German leauge for a season then sell him next summer when he has 2 years on his contract rather then sell him for that little.
Good post. Fair play. Those stats (I like stats) show he’s been very effective.

Agree loaning to a big 5 league this season and then selling next summer would be a good option. Probably better than selling for a lower price this year.

To ensure he got a lot of game time I’d want them to loan him out with a low fee and then insert penalty clauses if he didn’t play many matches. The big clubs do this. This is one of my main gripes with Everton. We sometimes loan players out who don’t end up playing.

The only risk with this “loan to show how good he is then sell him” policy, is if he isn’t any good. Then we can’t sell because no one will want him. This is specifically a problem for us because we have so many unsellable players on our books. If he can’t do it in a big 5 league then he gets added to the mound of slagg below...

Stek
Martina
McCarthy
Besic
Mirallas
Bolasie
Walcott
Ramirez
Tarashaj
Niasse
Garbutt

All on good wages and contributing either nothing/not a lot to the first team.

We have to play by FFP rules and if we want to buy some really good/first 11 ready players this summer we’ll have to make some sales.

Guess we’ll have to see what happens...

Last edited:
I agree for almost everything except to loan Davies, we need to have at least 4 CM (Gana, Gomes, ??? & Davies)

I'll go with that :

Pickford
R. Pereira - Keane - Zouma - Digne
Gomes - Gueye
B. Traoré - Sigurdsson - Richarlison
Abraham

Substitutes : Lossl, Coleman, Mina, Holgate, Baines, Tyler Adams, Davies, Bowen, Walcott, Bernard, Lookman, DCL

(Bertrand Traoré OR Neres, both are great)

Abraham ?? Oh wow.

Too hot to sign anyone today please stop posting the nonsense and have a great day.

I thought it was going to be too hot to go anything too, but I felt a few rain drops on my back and was thinking how my sweat was getting there. Bloody wales and it's rain.

Well, no. What you are talking about is subjective and entirely dependent on an individuals perspective.

Market value is what the market is willing to pay.

Not at all its the market that is subjective. Hazards market value isn't 70m less then coutiniohs worth but the fact that he has a year left on his contract drastically reduces the fee being commanded for him. He himself is worth alot more then that.

Chelsea may of sold him for 80m but that was due to circumstance not the actual value of the player to the club selling or to the buying club.

Status
Not open for further replies.