Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I`m with you but I think Keane is better than Mina..... Waited for my FM moment! Defo need a new RB and Striker!!! This below is a good squad and I believe represent a good transfer window and set us up for an improvement on last season and put us in a good position to improve again next season.

GK
Pickford
Lossl

RB
New RB
Coleman

CB
Zouma
Keane
Mina
Holgate

LB
Digne
Baines

CM
Gueye
Gomes
I think we need at least another 1st team ready CM

RW
Need a new 1st choice RW
Walcott

CAM
Bernard
Sigurdsson

LW
Richarlison
Lookman

ST
New 1st choice Striker needed
Calvert-Lewin

Youngsters to send out on loan
Kenny (Already gone)
Virginia
Baningime
Davies
Dowell
Pennington
Hewelt

Players to release/sell
Jagielka (Released)
Bolasie
Sandro
Tosun
Martina
McCarthy
Schneiderlin
Niasse
Besic
Onyekuru (Work permit problems, not likely to see him)
Stekelenburg
Tarashaj
Connolly
Williams (Released)
Mirallas
Garbutt

5 more signings would be nice, Zouma plus a RB, CM, RW and a ST
I agree for almost everything except to loan Davies, we need to have at least 4 CM (Gana, Gomes, ??? & Davies)

I'll go with that :

Pickford
R. Pereira - Keane - Zouma - Digne
Gomes - Gueye
B. Traoré - Sigurdsson - Richarlison
Abraham

Substitutes : Lossl, Coleman, Mina, Holgate, Baines, Tyler Adams, Davies, Bowen, Walcott, Bernard, Lookman, DCL

(Bertrand Traoré OR Neres, both are great)

RB
CM
RW
ST

That's my guess at what we are looking for. Who the names are I'm not sure. Neres/Malcolm could be the RW.

Without wishing to sound like a very broken record.

Yes we need a RB, we only have Coleman there, so we defo NEED a RB
CM, we have the following players :

DM/CM/AM
Idrissa Gueye
Gylfi Sigurðsson
André Gomes
Tom Davies
James McCarthy
Morgan Schneiderlin
Muhamed Bešić
Kieran Dowell
Joe Williams
Beni Baningime
Callum Connolly

So we REALLY need to be shifting 7 of them before we can even consider getting in another 1.

Now RW is an issue, we only have Walcott there who is a "natural", so again, we would need to be shifting 4 or 5 of these before we can consider getting in another 1.

Richarlison
Bernard
Theo Walcott
Ademola Lookman
Henry Onyekuru
Yannick Bolasie
Kevin Mirallas

ST, we DEFO need a Striker, but yes, you guessed it, we need to shift the crap we have before we can consider more.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Cenk Tosun
Oumar Niasse
Sandro Ramírez
Shani Tarashaj

4 of those are without question nowhere near good enough.

And you missed off a very important thing, we currently have 2 CBs of the "required" quality, so yes, but like RB, for me its a NEED.

Yerry Mina
Michael Keane
Mason Holgate
Matthew Pennington

So as I say, we need LOTS of Outs before Ins and sadly these players are not very good, so I suspect most teams will be waiting till we get desperate near the end of the window. And sadly there is no light at the end of this tunnel, a LOT of those players still have 2 or 3 years left on contracts................

I agree for almost everything except to loan Davies, we need to have at least 4 CM (Gana, Gomes, ??? & Davies)

I'll go with that :

Pickford
R. Pereira - Keane - Zouma - Digne
Gomes - Gueye
B. Traoré - Sigurdsson - Richarlison
Abraham

Substitutes : Lossl, Coleman, Mina, Holgate, Baines, Tyler Adams, Davies, Bowen, Walcott, Bernard, Lookman, DCL

(Bertrand Traoré OR Neres, both are great)

What is that line-up :blush:

Think everyone is singing off the same hymn sheet but bringing in another CM is vital in my opinion, someone who adds something to the midfield Gomes and Gana don't. Frack Kessie would be brilliant from what I have seen, breaks the lines brilliantly with his powerful running and eye for a pass.

RW is a tough one but I think we probably need someone more like Malcom than Neres?

Marcel if he gets Zouma, RB, CM, ST and RW we will have had for me a perfect summer and gives Silva all the tools he needs to do his job and get us into that top 4/6.

You make a decent point and I kind of agree with you but...

He scored those goals in the Belgium and Turkish leagues. Tosun and Kone score for fun in Turkey. It’s hardly the best mark for quality.

Plus if you sell to European clubs you get European prices. If a PL club wanted to buy him we’d get more, but the problem is that he can’t get a work permit here so he’d be worthless to a PL club.again, this is probably lowering his value. It’s not like we can say “ok, we’ll reject your offer and try him out for a season in England”. Technically he’s worthless to us.

With regards to Nigeria. He can’t even get a game for them a moment. Sitting on the bench does nothing for his value. He was bought for a punt at 9mil. The gamble hasn’t paid off, but if we do sell for 18mil at least we’ve double our money.

I say they should try and insert a buyback clause. Then if he does become a quality player we can get him back here in the end.

I get what you mean but if we're seen to be weak when it comes to selling players then people will keep on taking advantage.

For that price I'd rather loan him to a team in Germany (specifically not leverkusen) then try to sell him again next summer. We need to buck the trend and show we would rather walk away from a deal then take a bad deal. Once people know you are desperate and won't walk away then you loose all ability to negotiate.

He may of only played in poor leauges but he's excelled in those leauges he's been involved in 132 top flight games (in all competitions) and been involved in 78 goals (56 goals 17 assists). That's more then a 1 in 2 avarage. Put him in the German leauge for a season then sell him next summer when he has 2 years on his contract rather then sell him for that little.

Status
Not open for further replies.