Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
....money is such a big factor, especially for a youngster with agents and representatives all after their %. 10% of thefee, a huge signing figure and treble your wages. I agree, though, a move away from where he’s settled is a risk for a youngster.

The deal to Everton makes a lot of sense objectively. We have done similar with young players before and it worked out well. There are specific similarities to Lukaku who came, developed enormously and was ready to play at an elite level. At the present time it's hard to see him budging the lads in front of him.

On top of that we now have a young coach who seems to be able to improve players and a DOF who's instilling a philosophy at the club of the importance of young players. We also have the added fillip that we've taken out of favour players from Barcelona & Chelsea last summer and helped them revitalise their careers. That can't go unnoticed.

He could well be using us for a big contract extension. However on a logical level the deal has a lot of plus points. Lots of teams on the continent would want him but we could probably pay more on wages at this stage. He'd be a first choice here. Why not?

The deal to Everton makes a lot of sense objectively. We have done similar with young players before and it worked out well. There are specific similarities to Lukaku who came, developed enormously and was ready to play at an elite level. At the present time it's hard to see him budging the lads in front of him.

On top of that we now have a young coach who seems to be able to improve players and a DOF who's instilling a philosophy at the club of the importance of young players. We also have the added fillip that we've taken out of favour players from Barcelona & Chelsea last summer and helped them revitalise their careers. That can't go unnoticed.

He could well be using us for a big contract extension. However on a logical level the deal has a lot of plus points. Lots of teams on the continent would want him but we could probably pay more on wages at this stage. He'd be a first choice here. Why not?

...why not indeed, and you lose nothing by trying. From what i’ve read, the lad was born and raised in Italy and has just started to get game time at Juventus. I know nothing about his character, but those close to him might want to leave him where he’s settled for the time being.

We can only ask.

...why not indeed, and you lose nothing by trying. From what i’ve read, the lad was born and raised in Italy and has just started to get game time at Juventus. I know nothing about his character, but those close to him might want to leave him where he’s settled for the time being.

We can only ask.

I know he had some issues with racist fans last season, so maybe he'd like to get away for a bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.