Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t see him being too happy if all his teammates are getting moves and trebling their salaries and he’s forced to stay due to an over the top fee being wanted. If he moves somewhere it’ll be for £50m at the very most.

....nope, don’t think he’s gone. He’s actually injured but has been linked to Stoke.
Talking about Stoke (not really a reply to you eggs but going off your post)...

If we are truly selling Pickford and/or are in the business of looking for another goalie why aren’t we giving Jack Butland a look. Back before we signed Pickford I rated Butland over him and wish we would’ve signed him. I also like Butland’s personality more than Pickford’s.

If we are truly selling Pickford and/or are in the business of looking for another goalie why aren’t we giving Jack Butland a look. Back before we signed Pickford I rated Butland over him and wish we would’ve signed him. I also like Butland’s personality more than Pickford’s.

Know them well mate?

Can’t see him being too happy if all his teammates are getting moves and trebling their salaries and he’s forced to stay due to an over the top fee being wanted. If he moves somewhere it’ll be for £50m at the very most.
This will be his last chance to sign for a good team on good wages. Next season when Ajax are mediocre again he will be forgotten even if he scores 15 goals and bags 15 assists. Then he’ll never get out until some Spanish or French league team like Celta Vigo or Marseille comes knocking willing to give him a try

Pickford is a better keeper than Butland. Hence why one is at Stoke with interest from Bournemouth and the other is England’s first choice.

No just going off their demeanors. Pickford is arrogant and takes little responsibility for mistakes while Butland always seemed to be focused and willing to take his deal of the blame especially when Stoke were relegated

We don’t know either of them. Not a fan of talking too much about personalities.

Pickford is very confident and that sometimes goes against him. But I’d rather than that a weak keeper.

Having said that, I wanted Butland over him that summer.

However now...not so sure.

Butland is proper overrated.

Bed plz.

No just going off their demeanors. Pickford is arrogant and takes little responsibility for mistakes while Butland always seemed to be focused and willing to take his deal of the blame especially when Stoke were relegated

So much wrong with this post
I think you are mistaking confidence for arrogance there.
Pickford has always held his hands up when he has made mistakes, after the derby, after newcastle, he literally came out a couple of weeks ago talking about how he thinks he's just a normal lad but has to realise he cant be just a normal lad.

Butland on the other hand, my guess is you are basing this on a small smaple size of the year before stoke got relegated. Butland is a broken man, he has absolutely no confidence whatsoever and is in a rutt at Stoke, that is why no one has gone in for him. He is all abit to quiet and nice to pick himself up after a couple of really poor seasons

We don’t know either of them. Not a fan of talking too much about personalities.

Pickford is very confident and that sometimes goes against him. But I’d rather than that a weak keeper.

Having said that, I wanted Butland over him that summer.

However now...not so sure.
Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying Butland is weak but he is willing to go down with his team and take the humility of it. Which I can also see going against him like Pickford’s cockiness as you said

Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying Butland is weak but he is willing to go down with his team and take the humility of it. Which I can also see going against him like Pickford’s cockiness as you said
I'd rather a player who'd rage and fight to stay up and try and force things to happen.

Just cherry picking the most recent bits of this thread. Can't believe we're taking keepers!

CENTRE FORWARD(S)?
RIGHT BACK (TO COVER SEAMUS)
FIRM UP DEFENSIVE MF ROLE AND ATTACKING MF ROLE.

Done-ski.

Keepers... Pff.

Status
Not open for further replies.