• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha

It’s a weird one, I can’t stand the lad. But, he could slot. He looks bereft if confidence and not only that but, he looks demotivated. Piled on the weight and looks sluggish.

As much as I would love a slotter, I don’t think we can risk putting energy into him at the wages and fee he would attract.

Much prefer to sign a younger player with more appetite to improve than chasing Rom.

Would he get near City's team.

No.

So for the fee and wages, and circus he would bring, it would be a firm swerve for me.

No.

So for the fee and wages, and circus he would bring, it would be a firm swerve for me.

Aye, who the slotter we are after is I don’t have a clue. Not filled with confidence about interchanging Neres/Richarlison centrally as both look much more suited to attacking from the flanks.

Hoping we identify a man hunk who will die for the club and slot for fun.

With the Copa going on, If he is to come here, Neres won't be signing for a good few weeks.

The club will have all the deals moving along and announce things when ready.

I’m happy with us taking as long as necessary with any incomings.

Worst case scenario, they just need time to be eased in like Bernard and Gomes last season.

Appreciate people wanting the squad together early doors, but football isn’t fair sometimes.

The right players arriving is the most important thing.

With the Copa going on, If he is to come here, Neres won't be signing for a good few weeks.

The club will have all the deals moving along and announce things when ready.

Not bothered if he signs 1 minute before the deadline as long as he signs. We need to know if its a possibility first, if it is then we can wait, if not move on to someone else.

Dont want to put lots of time, energy snd leg work into a deal if there's no chance.

Aye, who the slotter we are after is I don’t have a clue. Not filled with confidence about interchanging Neres/Richarlison centrally as both look much more suited to attacking from the flanks.

Hoping we identify a man hunk who will die for the club and slot for fun.

Honestly don't think we will target an out and out slotter.

Think we will aim for 3 attackers who have energy and creativity in abundance.

One could hit a hot streak and score for fun. A pure goalscorer doesn't always benefit the team unless they have the other 2 attributes mentioned.

Yak and Rom both knew how to hit the target, yet did not possess the all round game consistently.

Henry arrived at Arsenal as a winger.
Ronaldo the same at United.
That is what I hope we uncover.

Haha

It’s a weird one, I can’t stand the lad. But, he could slot. He looks bereft if confidence and not only that but, he looks demotivated. Piled on the weight and looks sluggish.

As much as I would love a slotter, I don’t think we can risk putting energy into him at the wages and fee he would attract.

Much prefer to sign a younger player with more appetite to improve than chasing Rom.

No.

Would Rom even suit our playing style now ? He never worked as hard as DCL for example. He was good for us and we made a good profit, let's leave it at that.
Lukaku is one dimensional.
Lukaku doesn't fit the current regime's profile of a centre forward.
Lukaku thinks he deserves to be playing for one of thebest teams in the world
Lukaku is a gobshite melt.

File this one under utter tosh.

If someone said sign Lukaku definitely or sit and hope we sign someone else, it would be a no brainer as he’s a proven top goalscorer. The lad battled Kane for the golden boot not long ago.

He wouldn’t even consider joining us so it’s waffle anyway, but the idea that people would turn him down is mind blowing with how badly we need a goalscorer up top.

One could hit a hot streak and score for fun. A pure goalscorer doesn't always benefit the team unless they have the other 2 attributes mentioned.

Yak and Rom both knew how to hit the target, yet did not possess the all round game consistently.

Yaks game was actually quite good though, could definitely hold it up and link play

This reassures me, I just hope they cause mayhem against opposition defences.

Lukaku looked good for us because we set up our team to give him the ball in the box. We didnt rely on him to do anything else (only occasionally such as that game vs arsenal). Bobby knew his touch was awful and his hold up play was rubbish. Barkley and geri just had to get it to him in the area.

Marco doesn't play like that and expects every player to work and press. So lukaku wouldn't fit now and would look just as rubbish as he does at United as they also expect him to work hard and have more to his game. Lazy journalism to get clicks by linking.

I don't think they will get anyone to pay full wages. He wouldn't come anyways there will be a team with CL football come in for him. If we get up to top 4 in the future maybe a player like this will consider us. Given how Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and United finished this season maybe there is hope that if the stars align we can pinch top 4. Until then these players are just a dream.

If he can’t be arsed to play for real donyou really expect him to push himself here? He’s quite happy to play golf in the sun for 600k a week

Hate this time of the year, just seen a post on an Everton FB page saying United have enquired about Richarlison or Keane in a straight exchange for Lukaku... Before anyone says it I cant see this one being true but is an indication of the rubbish people put out.

Apparently we rejected these bids.....
Fb- the only thing missing from that post is a foreign looking man in a white van trying to snatch kids/dogs and some one fewwmin

If he can’t be arsed to play for real donyou really expect him to push himself here? He’s quite happy to play golf in the sun for 600k a week

Spot on.

600k a week, to train, come on as a sub now and again, some low level cup games, one of the best cities in the world to live in, the climate, pretty much everyone speaks English and as much golf as he can possibly play.

I know I'm probably going to be laughed at here but I would like us to try and get Gareth Bale on loan. He has the right type of experience and is a left footed forward. Turns 30 in July so he is a little hence why I say loan not permanent but I think he still has plenty to offer and will definitely prove a few people wrong. Unfortunately we have no European football so I can't imagine him even giving us a 2nd thought.

Wages???????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.