Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
How comes mate? I like him a lot, his goals per minute is good and has a decent track record before him at Marseille and Leige.

He's had an average season but the ability is there. We could get the deal closed and would be able to do a job for us almost immediately. Still quite a young player too.

Isnt he also belgiums fourth choice behind lukaku benteke origin ?

Spoke to my mate whose a big Celtic fan. When I asked him that there had been rumours we are looking to replace lukaku with dembele, he replied that he wasn't surprised, although he hadn't heard anything directly, just the newspaper articles like the rest of us. Yes he done it in Scotland he said, but he terrorised city in the champions league game at park head. He's said he's still a little raw, but has the potential to develop into a top player, a better first touch than Rom he said. (But that's not hard) and a decent finisher. Interestingly he said tierney was potentially the best player at Celtic.
He is the best player at Celtic and should be targeted as Baines replacement.

Watch Celtic alot, Forster, Wanyama and VVD were all sure things and I was begging us to sign them. Could have been had firb £30m combined. I just don't feel the same about Dembele big price tag and has a lot to learn. If truth be told Leigh Griffiths outshone him at times last year.

Its a step up to this level, i am pretty confident he can make though, lets not forget he is 20.

Strikers tend to translate between the two leagues, im thinking Viduka, Larsson, Sutton, Hartson, Jelavic etc.

Id back him at full mins to get 15 next season in the PL. i dont think he is ready to play a full season in the PL though, i think if he signed he would be in and out of it.

Wherever Koeman has been he likes a variety of strikers. At Southampton he had a target man in Pelle (Giroud), a poacher in Austin (Iheanacho), a workhorse in long (Sandro), a pace merchant in Mane (?) and a lad who could play accross the front in Rodriguez. I know he added others who didn't pay off but all offered something a bit different to the next.

There's my 3 suggestions as replacements, and i did say yesterday rooney in a cheaper late deal when united become desperate to offload. Suppose Rooney could be the workhorse with a bit of guile and then sandro as the pace merchant who floats around any of the front 4 formations.

Honestly think getting those 4 in for probably 3/4rs the fee we'd get for lukaku (obviously paying a lot more wages for 4 people instead of one + kone and valencia's wages) would leave us a lot stronger. Perfect blend there for me.

One of the cleverest things about our signings and potential signings or targets is the impact it has on our squad age profile, we are signing careers as opposed to three season wonders, which means that though some of the fees seem eye watering they are massive value given the potential longevity and likely inflation over the course of their careers:

Sandro: 21
Klassen: 24
Pickford: 23
Keane: 24
Dembelle: 20

Its excellent planning, execution and broadly value, albeit they have to perform to expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.