Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different types - Dolberg has a bit of everything in his game, whereas the lad from Feyenoord is a big lump of a striker.

I think we need maybe three forwards all of differing styles and levels of experience - Sandro is the first one but at age 21, I think signing another really young kid (however talented) is a slight risk. I'd prefer someone around the 24-26 mark who will still have significant re-sale value but more experience.

Sandro has a tenancy to drift to the left, but his excellent form at Malaga appears to have been almost exclusively whilst playing as a striker

Don't think we should be buying a player and then changing the position he plays

Versatility is a strength, but I wouldn't buy him with the left wing role in mind - in any case I'm almost certain you'll see Sigurdsson will be playing that role for us by 1st September

I'm no expert on the boy but i'm sure Sandro has played on the left of an attacking 3 for both Barca and Barca B before. Also, at Malaga youre right that he drifted to the left side.

I think playing him on the left would be the way forward.

Also, Klaassen scored a lot of goals through linking up with dolberg. I think if dolberg was the focal point then both Klaassen and Sandro could benefit as well as the right sided player.

I think it would be immense....Sigurdsson or Dolberg for me is a no brainer. I'd go with Sandro on the left over Sigurdsson all day long.

Sandro has a tenancy to drift to the left, but his excellent form at Malaga appears to have been almost exclusively whilst playing as a striker

Don't think we should be buying a player and then changing the position he plays

Versatility is a strength, but I wouldn't buy him with the left wing role in mind - in any case I'm almost certain you'll see Sigurdsson will be playing that role for us by 1st September

Koeman doesn't use wingers, mate.

Wide forwards is where it's at ;)

Dembele has done well in the Champions League too though hasn't he? And at U21 level for France.

And only 20...about to hit 21.

Fulham/Celtic/Champions League/French youth internationals

He's succeeded.

Is this just a twitter rumour though?

I do like him. Just a little wary of the old player scoring a few in Scotland then not doing it here sort of thing.

Call it the Gary Hooper Alarm.

It's definitely a fair criticism. I suppose the counter is his build, physique, record in Europe and good record in the championship as well as his younger age mean he's quite a different prospect.

We have seen younger more physical players such as Wanyama and Van Dijk come down from the SPL and do very well.

I wouldn't even look at batshuyai.

For me, its Sandro on the left, dolberg in the centre and a 'lets see' on the right...

How comes mate? I like him a lot, his goals per minute is good and has a decent track record before him at Marseille and Leige.

He's had an average season but the ability is there. We could get the deal closed and would be able to do a job for us almost immediately. Still quite a young player too.

Touché

On the basis of the assumption that Koeman prefers a "creative" player on one side of his attacking three as a "wide forward", a la Tadic at Southampton and Barkley in the 2nd half of the season, I expect Sigurdsson to be playing on the left of an attacking three for us next season

It's definitely a fair criticism. I suppose the counter is his build, physique, record in Europe and good record in the championship as well as his younger age mean he's quite a different prospect.

We have seen younger more physical players such as Wanyama and Van Dijk come down from the SPL and do very well.
Comes from a good pedigree too. France youth international and came through the Fulham youth setup which is very good.

So did Tony Watt, well not for France u21s, but for celtic in the champions league

One goal late on after being brought on as a sub? Dembele scored 5 goals in Europe last season, and 32 in 48 in total for Celtic. Does Tony Watt have a comparable record?

Just seen that Dave Downie from the Blueroom podcast confirm that Dembele was at FF. Says he knows no more details only that he was there. Not sure how reliable he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.