Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has a goal/assist every 43 minutes. Awful.

He hasnt played much so you cant really judge him. But you cant say he looked terrible either.
Fair enough if that stat's right. He definitely hit a little hot streak at the end of the season which I guess must have bumped those numbers up a fair bit.

Didn't say he'd looked terrible, just hasn't massively impressed either - especially not for the money they'd be wanting (or the discount off Rom's price in the VERY unlikely event of a swap deal)

Well a little bit of the first one (he's hardly looked great in the PL)... and a LOT of the second one.
I know swap deals aren't common but I think this one could be slightly more likely than the usual rumours. The problem with most mooted swap deals is they involve a clearly inferior player who is often available for transfer anyway being put forward as a makeweight in a deal. So for example we've seen Rooney being mentioned as a swap if Lukaku was to go to United. Why would we accept that? It makes no sense, because if we want Rooney we can just get him anyway whether Lukaku goes there or not.

The Batshuayi situation is slightly different, as it's a player they may not normally sell becoming available as a direct result of them wanting Lukaku and he's a player that could effectively take Rom's place, meaning we've replaced him and got a load of money left over to spend elsewhere. I've no idea if there's any truth in it of course, but for once it's a swap deal that would actually make sense.

I saw a couple of glimpses of him playing for Celtic and he looked to have something about him, but in the same way Conor McAleney does.

A bit small like and i'm not sure i'd take the risk on him at Everton to be honest.

@Mikey_Fitzgerald will have seen more of him though.
He's an absolutely boss player in his age group Ijjy. Whether that can be transferred to the Premier league right now who knows. He didn't travel with the Under 20s to Korea but has since been selected for the U21 euros. If he was out in Korea he would be keeping our own Kieran Dowell out of the team and, in my opinion, would be the difference that would enable England to win the trophy. He's that good. For £5m I'd bite their hand off.

Kalinic is apparently available at £10mil from genk, Handanovic is another tenuous link from Inter.
Kalinic is the Croatian GK from Gent that everyone has been talking about on here for a while?
I thought I'd read somewhere that he was homesick ( which led to my recounting similar affliction on a schoolboy trip I had to Inverness [and where one of my teachers almost dehydrated after she ran into Jimmy Page on the shore of Loch Ness]).
Someone also reckoned Allison Becker was a good prospect...but not Boris. Boris spends too much time in broom cupboards...no wonder he always has a red face.

I know swap deals aren't common but I think this one could be slightly more likely than the usual rumours. The problem with most mooted swap deals is they involve a clearly inferior player who is often available for transfer anyway being put forward as a makeweight in a deal. So for example we've seen Rooney being mentioned as a swap if Lukaku was to go to United. Why would we accept that? It makes no sense, because if we want Rooney we can just get him anyway whether Lukaku goes there or not.

The Batshuayi situation is slightly different, as it's a player they may not normally sell becoming available as a direct result of them wanting Lukaku and he's a player that could effectively take Rom's place, meaning we've replaced him and got a load of money left over to spend elsewhere. I've no idea if there's any truth in it of course, but for once it's a swap deal that would actually make sense.

Problem is it wouldn't make any sense for either players agents mate, they'd lose a lot of their commission on a swap as the money they earn is a percentage of the fee etc, dont see either one of then being happy about that

Problem is it wouldn't make any sense for either players agents mate, they'd lose a lot of their commission on a swap as the money they earn is a percentage of the fee etc, dont see either one of then being happy about that
Things like that can be ironed out pretty easily though, part of the agreement is just that one of the clubs will pay the agent fees to smooth things over. It's the same principle as the whole 'loyalty bonus' issue which often comes up, where the buying club gives a chunk of money to the player to cover what they lose out on when asking for a move.

That should be an instant ban. No excuses for linking that paper.
He may have genuinely been unaware that the sewer that that paper is, is banned from here. In that case, I think we must be a little lenient.
But, if it happens again, I would struggle to argue against your hardline stance.

PS have you had much recent joy on Tindr? I enjoyed reading of your exploits on a recent thread detailing such

Status
Not open for further replies.