Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not particularly bothered about who is leaving, with the exception of Lukaku, only to agree that it won't be as many as some are suggesting.

Where possible, we should be flexible in selling when the player concerned can attract a decent offer - Funes Mori would be the prime example.

It is imperative we add to the transfer pot where possible and without unnecessarily weakening the squad.

To some extent, outside of Barkley and Lukaku, it is moot to argue who will leave and for what $$$ - even as it stands a big tranche of the squad are either aging, too-injury prone, or not at the quality/consistency level required, or a combination of all three.

I'm more concerned at the job RK has on his hands to balance incoming signings, players coming in from the U23s, and the existing cohort. It might be feasible to send more than a couple of the squad out on loan - Besic would be a good example after a serious injury.

I don't know what the general consensus is on the number of new players we need, but for me we have to be looking at about six. I would doubt if its logistically possible for us to sign any more than that, and RK probably would cap it at around that number anyway, for a single new intake.

On paper we need more, but the summer is only another attempt, the real beginning IMO of Koeman trying to shape the majority of the squad to his own liking. There needs to be a lot of change in the summer, but by no means will it be a finished job.

we need 6 new first team players, gk, 2 x CB, lb, 2 attackers.
only players we have of the qualiity required to compete at the top are coleman, schnederlin, gana, davies and lukaku.

Ha! You realise if Lukaku goes we'll need 3 strikers. (Assuming Niasse, Kone and Valencia are gone, and DCL is loaned out)

How much money are you expecting us to spend on a third striker option? Why can't one of them be a free transfer experienced consistent goalscorer?

Reeks of ambition that, 34 year old Defoe being one of our choices and 29 year Icelandic replacing one of our best players

Thank god you're not involved in our transfer business, you'd probably have Davies out for carrick

Well I'd say he knows a hell of a lot more than all the ITKs on here.
He talks to agents on a regular basis so has some idea of what's going on.

When Pulis was quoted he didn't just say Everton are going to spend big this summer. He was talking about all the teams above West Brom as a collective and it would have been in relation to West Brom.

Assuming he meant Everton are going to spend big (in general terms) as appossed to in relation to West Brom is naive imo. People are reading far too much from his comments.

If he had been talking just about us that's one thing but he was talking about all the teams above West Brom in general. There's a big difference. And spending about 10 million net is spending big compared to West Brom.

Simpsons-walk-in-walk-out-whistling.gif

Reeks of ambition that, 34 year old Defoe being one of our choices and 29 year Icelandic replacing one of our best players

Thank god you're not involved in our transfer business, you'd probably have Davies out for carrick

I've been a critic of Barkley but have said several times of late that I think we should keep him.
Sigurdsson is a very good player. Him being Icelandic is neither here or there. He thinks quickly, takes a good set piece and has a cracking shot on him. Without doubt would be a good addition to the team/squad.

What 3rd choice striker would you buy?

I've been a critic of Barkley but have said several times of late that I think we should keep him.
Sigurdsson is a very good player. Him being Icelandic is neither here or there. He thinks quickly, takes a good set piece and has a cracking shot on him. Without doubt would be a good addition to the team/squad.

What 3rd choice striker would you buy?

Nobody, because I'm not employed by Everton football club. And Sigurdsson is crap

Status
Not open for further replies.