Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gibson would be an outstanding signing, but I haven't seen any interest shown and, unfortunately, I think it's unlikely. That we haven't put in a bid for Tierney is a bit surprising. Honestly thought we would.

....with approximately 15 days 16 hours of the window left, here's the rumour round-up for this Wednesday morning;

- Various outlets report Everton and Swansea have finally reached agreement for the transfer of Gylfi Sigurdsson and the midfielder will undergo a medical today to conclude his move to the Toffees. The deal is thought to be £40m rising to £45m.

- The Daily Mail suggests the impending arrival of Gylfi Sigurdsson at Goodison could mean the departure of Everton midfielder, James McCarthy, to Newcastle.

- According to the Daily Star, Ross Barkley's move away from Everton is in severe doubt as the midfielder is out with injury until October. Football London, however, say Tottenham fans have taken to Twitter convinced Barkley will arrive at Spurs this week following Everton's acquisition of Gylfi Sigurdsson.

- Royal Blue Mersey Weblog report Leicester lead a number of other clubs, including Everton, in the race for Sheffield Wednesday starlet George Hirst.

- West Brom have formally announced the arrival of midfielder Gareth Barry from Everton. The player has joined on a one year deal for an undisclosed fee.

- 'Turkish Football' claim Everton and Liverpool are keeping tabs on Trabzonspor's attacking midfielder, Yusuf Yaziki.

- Gianluca di Marzio report Fiorentina have asked AC Milan to match Everton's 29m Euro bid for striker Nikola Kalinic. Apparently the player has already agreed personal terms with the Rossoneri.

- Voetball Zone outlet in Belgium say Anderlecht's Leander Dendoncker would like to work with Ronald Koeman and the players preference is a move to Everton.

Last edited:
....with approximately 15 days 16 hours of the window left, here's the rumour round-up for this Wednesday morning;

- Various outlets report Everton and Swansea have finally reached agreement for the transfer of Gylfi Sigurdsson and the midfielder will undergo a medical today to conclude his move to the Toffees. The deal is thought to be £40m rising to £45m.

- The Daily Mail suggests the impending arrival of Gylfi Sigurdsson at Goodison could mean the departure of Everton midfielder, James McCarthy, to Newcastle.

- According to the Daily Star, Ross Barkley's move away from Everton is in severe doubt as the midfielder is out with injury until October. Football London, however, say Tottenham fans have taken to Twitter convinced Barkley will arrive at Spurs this week following Everton's acquisition of Gylfi Sigurdsson.

- Royal Blue Mersey Weblog report Leicester lead a number of other clubs, including Everton, in the race for Sheffield Wednesday starlet George Hirst.

- West Brom have formally announced the arrival of midfielder Gareth Barry from Everton. The player has joined on a one year deal for an undisclosed fee.

- 'Turkish Football' claim Everton and Liverpool are keeping tabs on Trabzonspor's attacking midfielder, Yusuf Yaziki.

- Gianluca di Marzio report Fiorentina have asked AC Milan to match Everton's 29m Euro bid for striker Nikola Kalinic. Apparently the player has already agreed personal terms with the Rossoneri.

People led me to believe there had been Dendoncker links? Or was it just twitter jarg

Yeah that's how I see him. See this season I know is only a matter of games old but Schneiderlin as looked like the Utd Schneiderlin and not the Southampton one we got last season. I feel we're doing what Utd did and not using him properly. He's not an holding midfielder that stays disciplined and screens the back four, wins balls and gives it simple and barely gets involved in the final third. He's a box to box CM with a good passing range and when freed up to get more involved and dictate games he's a very good player! He was in the form of his life at Southampton when playing alongside Wanyama who was the holding mid/DM...

Dendocker would be ideal as the holding midfielder freeing up schneiderlin.

And that's exactly what people are doing. He was 20 and raw back then and trying to get goals for a poor Blackburn side. It's as if he's not improved in the space of 8-9 years. Ridiculous. A lot of em won't of even seen him play for Blackburn or remember. He actually wasn't that bad a player, just not prolific. He moved on and improved massively and he's now a decent striker and better player.

lol

:Blink:...the bloke at Leeds? He's ok at championship level, but that's the extent of his ability
I've said it all pre season so I can't change now!!!
But I think he'll get goals I honestly do, I'm already getting ripped so I may as well say he will get double figures this season.

I'm not sure I'd describe Gibson as an 'outstanding' signing myself.

But he's alright.

That's fair. I should have put it in the context of players I thought we would be in for (not VVD, for example). I'm absolutely made up with Keane and I think adding a player like Gibson, with Pickford in goal, would go a long way. Sum of parts and all that.

Dendocker would be ideal as the holding midfielder freeing up schneiderlin.
Gana Guaye should drop back they both look more comfortable switched but with the pressing game that we are using Klaassen (still can't spell that name either!) and Guaye are more mobile so it won't change especially with the teams we have to face next. You can see what he's been setting up for in swamping the midfield for preseason and Stoke (although DCL on right is still baffling); we are going to play for a clean sheet first and foremost

Status
Not open for further replies.