Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate , different players with similar names. I think you're confusing him with another bloke mentioned earlier in the thread. He's a Croatian fella who plays GK for Genk. He suffers from homesickness I recall reading.

Personally i don't see Schneiderlin as a holding MF, he's more of a deep lying playmaker, he receives the ball and starts moves.

Yeah that's how I see him. See this season I know is only a matter of games old but Schneiderlin as looked like the Utd Schneiderlin and not the Southampton one we got last season. I feel we're doing what Utd did and not using him properly. He's not an holding midfielder that stays disciplined and screens the back four, wins balls and gives it simple and barely gets involved in the final third. He's a box to box CM with a good passing range and when freed up to get more involved and dictate games he's a very good player! He was in the form of his life at Southampton when playing alongside Wanyama who was the holding mid/DM...

Do you think dendoncker starts then & its Schneiderlin or gueye? Personally think the jury's out on them playing together the balance doesn't seem right

I don't think Dendoncker would start straight away but in time he would. And I agree, the balance doesn't seem right to me either. Both are really good players in their own right but where Gueye is all action, box to box and nicking balls and everything else, Schneiderlin is asked to sit and be more disciplined and I don't think it suits him, personally I don't think we'll get the best out of him. Utd got him and and did the same and it ruined him.

Really hope we get a new CB in for the City game.

Don't think I can handle another game of Jagielka saying it into no man's land and Williams struggling to move.

Imagine what Agüero and Jesus would do to them two.

Yeah that's how I see him. See this season I know is only a matter of games old but Schneiderlin as looked like the Utd Schneiderlin and not the Southampton one we got last season. I feel we're doing what Utd did and not using him properly. He's not an holding midfielder that stays disciplined and screens the back four, wins balls and gives it simple and barely gets involved in the final third. He's a box to box CM with a good passing range and when freed up to get more involved and dictate games he's a very good player! He was in the form of his life at Southampton when playing alongside Wanyama who was the holding mid/DM...

i agree too, is the definition of CM for me, good with the ball at his feet and when looking to send the team forward

We gotta play like this ...

GK
RB-----CB-----CB-----LB
Gueye
(holding midfielder)
Schneiderlin
(pass and move midfielder, supporting Gueye where necessary)
Davies---Rooney---Sigurdsson
Sandro​

i agree too, is the definition of CM for me, good with the ball at his feet and when looking to send the team forward

It's gonna be a balancing act IF Koeman doesn't get a genuine DM in?! Barry as gone, will McCarthy follow? If he does then surely we need to get someone in? But if not, I'd like to see us chop and change both Schneiderlin & Gueye around from game to game depending on who we play. Let Gueye sit and be the holding mid and use Schneiderlin as the deep lying playmaker who picks the passes in CM.

Desperate for a centre back and a striker. If we fail on both of those fronts, or particularly the latter, there's no hope of improving on last season's finish. Simply not enough goals in the squad. You cannot expect a soon-to-be 32-year-old Rooney or a 5-million Sandro Ramirez to replace Lukaku's 25 goals!

We're hours away from finally getting Sigurdsson in and having a full 2 weeks or slightly more to push on to get our other targets in. Chill, we will get the players in that we think will make difference, even if it's not our first choices!

No, I'm asking you a question based on your theory that that league is slow, crap or whatever you said. That's not me putting Kalinic in that bracket but if what your saying goes for one, it must go for the rest, no?!...
Most of the others have proved themselves worthy at European football, as well as domestically.

Status
Not open for further replies.