Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon Kolasinac will choose Liverpool.

Would absolutely love him here like, been the best LB in the Bundesliga this season, but half of Europe is chasing him.

Maybe, but we are allegedly offering him £160k a week. If true that matches Coutinho, their top earner: not sure they want to break their wage structure. FSG keep a tight rein on their wage bill.

I understand what you are saying but so far this season we have scored 1 in each of the utd games and drawn both. One in a draw with city. None against liverpool when we lost by one at goodison. 1 at the draw with spurs at home then 3 when we lost 3-2 away.

The results are only fine margins and we have been scoring in those matches. We took 4 points from those fixtures from teams in the top six. If we had better defenders we could of took 14 with just one goal less conceded in each game.

True.

It's not that I don't want us to buy defenders. If we buy VVD for around £55m, unless we've got tons of money, it's going to hurt our budget for other areas of the team, unless we do have loads of money to spend.

It'll be interesting to see where Koeman strengthens and how much we will spend this summer.

Know absolutely nothing about him. What type of full back is he? Age?

Turns 24 in June. He bears alot of similarities to Coleman, strong, quick and powerful defender as well as a tendency to chip in with the odd goal/assist every few games. Plus he can play CB and even in midfield, his versatility could come in handy. Check out his stats on Squawka, they're quite good.

Plus on a Bosman it's a no brainer, which explains why everyone and their mother is looking to sign him. IMHO he's better than Baines.

looks like we will need a replacement for Lukaku. we have been linked with this guy before

Cost Malaga nothing from Barcelona so we could probably get him for a reasonable fee and he takes one mean free-kick and is only 21 years old.

11goals in 24 games league and cup this season.

But he will have:
- City
- Chelsea
- Arsenal

all bidding for him this summer.

The only chance we have of beating them is because of Koeman's 'history' with the player.

Will he though mate?

City and Chelsea both have been more strongly linked to other cb's, Arsenal i don't believe have been linked with him at all by any semi serious journo

I dont understand why some Everton fans seem to think he is good enough, the only time they have seen him proper over 90 minutes, basically the 2 times we have played them this season he has been total rubbish, at Goodison he flapped all over the place even when at times he was under no pressure, at Sunderland let 3 in.
I understand the potential and the media hyping him because he is English, and yes he will stay in the Premier League im sure, but Sunderland will want a big fee for him, which would be a total waste of money to not improve us.

I dont have a problem buying a player from a side that goes down, such as Idrisa, but they need to have value for money and make us a better side, Pickford is neither.

Up for the PFA young player of the year award so professional footballers rate him too.

Up for the PFA young player of the year award so professional footballers rate him too.

Yeah, young player of the year, means they rate him as exactly that, I also think he is a good young player but he isnt good enough now to justify us dropping the kind of money Sunderland will want for him

do arsenal really have that much of a leg up on us now? they're in turmoil, and we're on the ascendancy. they don't look likely for the champions league so that shouldn't factor into player's decisions either

Know absolutely nothing about him. What type of full back is he? Age?

Haven´t seen him in a while but he is quite strong and tall for a left back, pretty fast and quick, and could remind of a faster version of Kolarov with better ability to read the game and his work-ethic is excellent. Has a little bit of temper as many oh his fellow countrymen-). No evident weaknesess, but is very offensive-minded so does get caught out of position at times but his speed usually rescues him

Status
Not open for further replies.