Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is on a free transfer and they tend to command a lot higher wages, as there is no fee to pay. As I said, I saw that figure quoted: let's see what happens...
Schalke don't shirk at big wages hunterlaar was on approx 125k a week not to long ago. Given the fact he's a free agent and we would need a bit more incentive for him to sign it wouldn't surprise me if the offer was 160k pw

They don't play in goal ?

Theyre rated as the best young players in the league by fellow players, you can play in any position. Its actually fairly incredible that a keeper is on the list...it just shows how highly rated he is by fellow pros.

Schalke don't shirk at big wages hunterlaar was on approx 125k a week not to long ago. Given the fact he's a free agent and we would need a bit more incentive for him to sign it wouldn't surprise me if the offer was 160k pw

we cant offer that much weekly, all our other players would ask for increases like barkley for example...

we would probably offer a lump sum and 100k a week max I think

How similar is he to Barkley mate? I've hardly seen him but wonder if Ross were to leave if he could be a similar replacement?

Not really the same.

If you're looking at some players we may go for if Ross does leave, get Ajax v Schalke on mate.

Klaasen is more of a box to box player, but has been linked and Koeman I believe is a big fan. Ziyech is quite similar in style to Barkley as well.

Hopefully Ross stays though!

@Barnfred 55 you mentioned tielemans in the other thread, do you think we have any chance?
Why not. He's at an age where he needs to be playing. He's seen whats happenef to players like Martial and Depay at United and the liked of Lukaku and De Bruyne at Chelsea. The premier will showcase him more than the French league would. We are a club on the rise with a top manager and a bigger wage budget. We also have an excellent reputation over the last few years of giving young players an opportunity if they're good enough. If Tielemans or his agent have any sense they'd jump at the chance. I think its more an issue of whether we would pay the sort of fee Anderlecht would want for a 19 yo.

Not been impressed by him so far tonight by the way. Game totally passed him by.

watching the anderlect v man utd game to see the lad Tiliemans, he looks quick, but dosn't look like a centre mid to me. Anderlect have a CB called Kara ,huge unit, great in the air, quick and very agressive, looks a better prospect than paying 26 million for a kid.

How similar is he to Barkley mate? I've hardly seen him but wonder if Ross were to leave if he could be a similar replacement?

Hes played attacking midfield, centre midfield and deep as well...he has been good anywhere in the middle but not a playmaker type....more like an all rounder whose exceptional at everything, tackling, passing, running etc....can ping a Hollywood ball or do daviesesque one touch passing...

He'd basically be a star centre midfield player....has all the toys and really great technique...not afraid of a 30 yarder either...exciting

Why not. He's at an age where he needs to be playing. He's seen whats happenef to players like Martial and Depay at United and the liked of Lukaku and De Bruyne at Chelsea. The premier will showcase him more than the French league would. We are a club on the rise with a top manager and a bigger wage budget. We also have an excellent reputation over the last few years of giving young players an opportunity if they're good enough. If Tielemans or his agent have any sense they'd jump at the chance. I think its more an issue of whether we would pay the sort of fee Anderlecht would want for a 19 yo.

Not been impressed by him so far tonight by the way. Game totally passed him by.

really? not watching...

Not really the same.

If you're looking at some players we may go for if Ross does leave, get Ajax v Schalke on mate.

Klaasen is more of a box to box player, but has been linked and Koeman I believe is a big fan. Ziyech is quite similar in style to Barkley as well.

Hopefully Ross stays though!
i rate Ziyech above Barkley to be honest, better shooter and passer of the ball, maybe not as good dribbling or as physically imposing as barks.

True.

It's not that I don't want us to buy defenders. If we buy VVD for around £55m, unless we've got tons of money, it's going to hurt our budget for other areas of the team, unless we do have loads of money to spend.

It'll be interesting to see where Koeman strengthens and how much we will spend this summer.
We buy VVD and Keane in the summee we will have best centrsl defence and, imo, best central midfield in the league. Keep hold if Rom and Ross and we also have two if the best attacking players. What a statement of intent that would also be to persuade them both to stay. Its not just about the money. But we will be getting the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.