Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think one reason we've gone straight in for Pickford and Klaassen is to show other players that we mean business.

Last summer we went after our top targets immediately (it seems) and they kept us waiting all summer. Now I think were going in with some good sized moves (Pickford publicised at 30mil and Klaassen 24mil) and showing other players that were building a top young side.

After the England u20 world cup win as well with 5 of our boys involved and these two signings other players may buy in more to the idea of a club which is going places.

I'm hoping that with a couple more signings we then go after one or two really top stars.

I think one reason we've gone straight in for Pickford and Klaassen is to show other players that we mean business.

Last summer we went after our top targets immediately (it seems) and they kept us waiting all summer. Now I think were going in with some good sized moves (Pickford publicised at 30mil and Klaassen 24mil) and showing other players that were building a top young side.

After the England u20 world cup win as well with 5 of our boys involved and these two signings other players may buy in more to the idea of a club which is going places.

I'm hoping that with a couple more signings we then go after one or two really top stars.
Are we going to spend £200m this window mate?

Sure is mate. It's a great start, but it's not really improving us when we lose Lukaku and Barkley. I am still a little worried.

If we do have 90-100mil to spend before sales then it makes sense (as I wrote in another post above) to go in for Pickford/Klaassen etc and show other players and potential signings that we mean business.

Then, once/if Lukaku and Barkley leave we have already brought in the lions share of signings we want and can then approach really top players and tell them that even though these 2 have gone we are thinking big.

Are we going to spend £200m this window mate?

Lukaku 80mil
Barkley 30mil
McCarthy 20mil
Deulofeu 15mil
Niasse 5mil

That's 150mil right there....so if we only had 50mil to spend in the first place then yes we would spend 200mil providing those players leave.

Lukaku 80mil
Barkley 30mil
McCarthy 20mil
Deulofeu 15mil
Niasse 5mil

That's 150mil right there....so if we only had 50mil to spend in the first place then yes we would spend 200mil providing those players leave.
You forget:
Cleverley 8m
McGeady 2m
As you say 200m is very possible.

Will check the Gueye thread but the videos in there auto play and it causes havoc on the phone.

In terms of like central midfielders, we're probably done - certainly imo if Ross stays - because there is just an utter logjam there now.

Schneiderlin has to play, one of Gueye and Davies has to start, same with Klaassen. You've got Besic and McCarthy coming back from injury - One, possibly both could be moved on - and in that case we'll probably look for another, again imo.

If we're gonna sign another 'creative player' I think it'll be a winger or a striker who can float yenno, like someone like Son at Spurs. Hasn't got a true position but does all sorts. That sort of player.
All the time you hear koeman banging on about playing at a high tempo and pressing the opposition.
McCarthy and Besic struggled with injury in the slow ponderous football served up by Martinez. I just don't think physically their bodies can with standard the rigorous high tempo football koeman craves. Like you, I feel both could be moved on.

At this rate we will have nowt to fume about come transfer deadline day. It's gonna be soooo boring. FFS Everton, you somehow always manage to take whatever little joy out of our lives :rant:
People will fume about Lukaku leaving and the replacements not being a big enough name.

You forget:
Cleverley 8m
McGeady 2m
As you say 200m is very possible.

Pickford and Klaassen are under 50mil between them. I think two signings now are key, Sandro for 5mil and Keane for 25mil.

Pickford, Keane, Klaassen and Sandro for around 75mil would be a masterstroke leaving us with 'potentially' 125mil to spend after sales.

If we do have 90-100mil to spend before sales then it makes sense (as I wrote in another post above) to go in for Pickford/Klaassen etc and show other players and potential signings that we mean business.

Then, once/if Lukaku and Barkley leave we have already brought in the lions share of signings we want and can then approach really top players and tell them that even though these 2 have gone we are thinking big.

But let's be honest mate we wont spend £200m. I think £120m tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.