Summer 2024 transfer thread.

Anyone know which three-year periods we've been hammered for? I only ask because Transfermarkt says we've had a positive net spend for three consecutive seasons now...

I'd like to think that the pressure to sell players might actually be diminishing as a consequence, and we can sell the dross rather than the crown jewels. I would be delighted if we could keep Pickford, Branthwaite Onana and DCL for another season - but if one has to go then it should be DCL.

Need to take advantage of the wage reductions arising from the likes of Dele and Gomes being OOC this summer to start bringing in some youngsters from the championship and abroad as depth - backup fullbacks and CM being obvious areas.

Last edited:
Anyone know which three-year periods we've been hammered for? I only ask because Transfermarkt says we've had a positive net spend for three consecutive seasons now...

I'd like to think that the pressure to sell players might actually be diminishing as a consequence, and we can sell the dross rather than the crown jewels. I would be delighted if we could keep Pickford, Branthwaite Onana and DCL for another season - but if one has to go then it should be DCL.
On Sunday evening, Everton published the accounts which explained why the club faced a second Premier League charge for breaching profit and sustainability rules.
The losses were double those posted in the previous financial year and their net debt rose to £330 million.
It means Everton’s reported losses over the last three accounting years stands at £255 million. The current Premier League rules say the limit over that period is £105 million.

On Sunday evening, Everton published the accounts which explained why the club faced a second Premier League charge for breaching profit and sustainability rules.
The losses were double those posted in the previous financial year and their net debt rose to £330 million.
It means Everton’s reported losses over the last three accounting years stands at £255 million. The current Premier League rules say the limit over that period is £105 million.

So we're getting hammered for building a stadium? Marvelous.

Need to take advantage of the wage reductions arising from the likes of Dele and Gomes being OOC this summer to start bringing in some youngsters from the championship and abroad as depth - backup fullbacks and CM being obvious areas.
The trouble with selling the dross is that no-one wants to buy the dross because they're dross. So we end-up stuck with them until their contracts run-down.

Well for now I see DCL signing a new contract.

But if somebody comes in for him and offers the right money then sure, he would probably fancy a move, all depends on who I suppose.
Hope so. One year left is always tricky. Signs soon. Then ok.
Could see spuds coming in....

Apart from them, open market...What do we reckon we'd get? 25-30? 35-40?

I would try for Tête. Decent right back. Doubt we will get him

He really impressed me last season for them so surprised he's just bench warmed behind Castagne for pretty much all the season.

Good going forward but you'd think if someone like Villa made the CL he's an obvious squad player to pick up.

It's going to have to be another summer of signing potential and old heads I think and hope they can take weeks rather than months to settle in.