Summer 2024 transfer thread.

He really impressed me last season for them so surprised he's just bench warmed behind Castagne for pretty much all the season.

Good going forward but you'd think if someone like Villa made the CL he's an obvious squad player to pick up.

It's going to have to be another summer of signing potential and old heads I think and hope they can take weeks rather than months to settle in.
Think they have another yr option in his deal

On Sunday evening, Everton published the accounts which explained why the club faced a second Premier League charge for breaching profit and sustainability rules.
The losses were double those posted in the previous financial year and their net debt rose to £330 million.
It means Everton’s reported losses over the last three accounting years stands at £255 million. The current Premier League rules say the limit over that period is £105 million.

It seems to me that not many clubs can afford to play in this league.

….we’re rudderless and I expect in a very difficult situation in respect of the start of this transfer window.

Not sure anything is in place to start the interest and endorse the acquisition of new signings & we could also struggle to extend the contract of Gueye if that’s what the DOF wants, meaning he’ll not wait around if there’s offers from elsewhere.

I understand even Thelwell’s deal is up and he’ll be out of contract at the end of June, which might not be such a bad thing. I wonder if the club will put a statement out about the state of play.

Olise was an absolute no-brainer of a signing. He had an £8m release clause with Reading and had proved himself at Championship level in 19/20 and 20/21... Left-footed right winger, we should have snapped him up.
London players chosing London clubs is a factor.
Its not like we haven't done this transfer before, Lookman on paper had everything, he is currently performing at a level to Eze and Olise. For whatever reason it never worked here.

If we’re still in limbo this summer we’ll be in a terrible position to do any player trading. Massive summer this one especially if more points deductions next season.

Good thing with being safe a month early is there's now a few more weeks of clarity and hopefully being able to lead some concrete plans on ins and outs. Surely they'll be some definite news on 777 now rather than waiting until the end of May?

A big problem in the last two seasons is how undercooked the team have been in August. Taking ages to sign a striker for instance so if that is a plan this summer then it needs to be wrapped up by end of July, same for other positions. Then you have 2-3 weeks of pre season and first 3-4 games to see how it looks and then you sign someone else on August 31st if required.

Ending this season very strongly so the momentum should still be there in August to start that one well. If not then it's going to be another long and painful watch.

London players chosing London clubs is a factor.
Its not like we haven't done this transfer before, Lookman on paper had everything, he is currently performing at a level to Eze and Olise. For whatever reason it never worked here.

Yeah put Guehi, Olise and Eze in this team and you're talking about probably another 4-5 places higher and 150m more value in the squad.

Need to find some of those types in the North West, Wharton was there at Blackburn so that's not good when Palace are scouting and then signing him.

He fancied signing for them given the success of those three and he's started pretty much every game.

At least with the success of Branthwaite there is a great case study to sell to prospective players who are 20-21.

Onana has to go and will go, no issue for me as we've proven we can do more than ok without him playing. Hope he has a great Euros then sell to highest bidder.

If the club is serious about getting its finances in order then we cannot afford a £80k Michael Keane on the books. Can't see any buyers, so the best we might be able to do is go from paying all his wages to paying half of them with him loaned out.

Holgate probably won't have any takers neither loan nor permanent after two successive disastrous loan moves. Shame that, stung for £50k a week or whatever he's on for a final season.

At least we'll save £200k a week on Gomes and Alli, and we really ought to be looking to cash in / get rid of Doucoure on his insane £120k a week salary.

We can easily lose half a million a week on wages and only need to directly replace one or two of them.

Good thing with being safe a month early is there's now a few more weeks of clarity and hopefully being able to lead some concrete plans on ins and outs. Surely they'll be some definite news on 777 now rather than waiting until the end of May?

A big problem in the last two seasons is how undercooked the team have been in August. Taking ages to sign a striker for instance so if that is a plan this summer then it needs to be wrapped up by end of July, same for other positions. Then you have 2-3 weeks of pre season and first 3-4 games to see how it looks and then you sign someone else on August 31st if required.

Ending this season very strongly so the momentum should still be there in August to start that one well. If not then it's going to be another long and painful watch.

Dyche eluded to the issues- we had to find players from clubs that would do a deal on the structure. Hence over paying for Beto because we didnt have to pay until this year. £26m is going to cripple us this summer.