Summer 2024 transfer thread.

We shouldn’t touch Harrison,
unfortunately if dyche is still around I think he will

Not like Dyche has been playing him much in last two months. He only came in v Forest because mass changes were inevitable after the Chelsea surrender.

If Dyche is so obsessed with signing him then Thelwell needs to step in on that and then we'll see what the fallout from that conversation would be as it's more short team viewpoint for long term issues.

Onyanago's been warming the bench for parts of this season so think that will translate into a few more token minutes. Same for Dobbin. Chermitti's the one you'd like to see more impact from next season but again played a bit in the first 10 games and then barely seen since.
Onyango is another one who I just don't think is rated very highly these lads are 21 and they've had just average loan spells in league one theres not much to support them going on to be regular players at the top level. Chermiti is obviously different he's still coming on for short appearances obviously some people say whats the point in giving him 1 minute but it will be because he'll have appearance bonuses in his contract it will be a reward for training well its a common thing he gets to run around for a few minutes and gets another grand in his pay packet to say well done its good management but obviously you're not allowed to say that about Dyche especially with young players so i'm sure one of the usual suspects will be on to tell me off soon.

Not like Dyche has been playing him much in last two months. He only came in v Forest because mass changes were inevitable after the Chelsea surrender.

If Dyche is so obsessed with signing him then Thelwell needs to step in on that and then we'll see what the fallout from that conversation would be as it's more short team viewpoint for long term issues.
Will be an interesting couple of months with rumours of Thelwell wanting to leave and he’s out of contract.

It's the wages though, Sheff Utd are going down, Holgate has been a disaster since going there, they are not going to match his £70k wages that he is on at the moment. Godfrey is in the same boat, bang ordinary player on massive wages.

I agree, but both will also have an eye on their next contract.

They can risk staying at Everton for a further year, where they won't play, or maybe go out on loan for another year, where they could get injured and become totally screwed.

Both need a move to secure their future in football imo.

I agree, but both will also have an eye on their next contract.

They can risk staying at Everton for a further year, where they won't play, or maybe go out on loan for another year, where they could get injured and become totally screwed.

Both need a move to secure their future in football imo.
You might get a bit of effort from Godfrey but I really don't think Holgate cares less tbh.

So there's another £50 odd million down the drain with no return.

Easy to see why we are in such a financial mess even without the stadium build

We will get some money for Godfrey this summer, up to 10 million, I think.

Holgate will go. It may be for little money, or even on loan once again, but I don't see him being part of Everton's squad next season.

I think Keane will stay, hopefully as a fourth choice reserve centre back.

I hope we bring in two centre backs to replace Branthwaite and Godfrey.

I can't see us being able to give Keane or Holgate away. How long have they got in their contracts?

12 months. Same for Holgate aswell.

That's a tougher position to fill the gaps if Branth goes. Tarks is of course indestructible but again all it takes is one injury to him for even a month or two and you still need backup so I can't see some of those being moved on. Think it will be similar to this season and have to hope the next CB coming in can stay fit.

We will get some money for Godfrey this summer, up to 10 million, I think.

Holgate will go. It may be for little money, or even on loan once again, but I don't see him being part of Everton's squad next season.

I think Keane will stay, hopefully as a fourth choice reserve centre back.

I hope we bring in two centre backs to replace Branthwaite and Godfrey.

Godfrey's probably played more at fullback in last 12 months than CB so that's something to consider. Not a fan of him but I could see him staying until January otherwise you're light on FB cover if the regulars get injured as we see the other day with Coleman and Patterson not being involved v Forest. So it's a near 40 year old playing and lucky not to give away at least one penalty and then Godfrey would've been on to replace him if he'd picked up a knock.

I'm please this season should work out o.k now but next season is already looking very tough as no way Leicester and possibly Leeds will be as bad as Sheffield United and Burnley coming up. In any other season Luton would've been the worst team in the league this season as think they're on the same number of points now that Southampton finished on.