Summer 2024 transfer thread.

Do many positions but have to be getting wide players in with pace and goals in them desperate dor a natural right mid. Scary how much needs to be done
MY priority would be to fill in the holes.

Fullbacks
Midfield
Forwards

Then maybe focus on improving the other areas, like CB and ST.

I can assure you, we arent fixing the squad this window, but the very least we should do is make sure we have at least 20 players to name each week and that is gonna mean some areas go without improvement.

Besides, if we had some actual fullbacks and a midfield who can pass, plus some forwards not stick in reverse, that our Strikers might produce more.

That bit is a joke yeah? We could sell £200m worth of players and still potentially have very little to go towards new signings.
Yes, I expect they pocket a bunch, so we end up with only 100m to spend which is certainly enough for a striker, up and coming CB, and a few other position players.

Yes, I expect they pocket a bunch, so we end up with only 100m to spend which is certainly enough for a striker, up and coming CB, and a few other position players.
Absolutely no way there will be 100m spent on players.

We probably wouldn’t even be able to with FFP frameworks

🤣🤣🤣
We owe 777 £160M for a start for them keeping us going. Now the sale has fallen through they will be wanting that money back to keep themselves afloat, or else the new board will be finding alligator heads in their beds.

Frees and loans on a reduced wage bill is the best we can hope for.

As I said weeks ago, should be looking to promote some yooths as needs must. Likes of Patterson, Dobbin & Chermiti could probably do with more playing time also otherwise they simply won't develop will they?

As I said weeks ago, should be looking to promote some yooths as needs must. Likes of Patterson, Dobbin & Chermiti could probably do with more playing time also otherwise they simply won't develop will they?
Have we got enough talent to promote though? Didn't Dyche put a little dig out last week saying that we have none? Which personally I dont believe

🤣🤣🤣
We owe 777 £160M for a start for them keeping us going. Now the sale has fallen through they will be wanting that money back to keep themselves afloat, or else the new board will be finding alligator heads in their beds.

Frees and loans on a reduced wage bill is the best we can hope for.
777 will be at the very bottom of any creditor lists, RMF and MSP and others are well ahead of 777 in terms of the payback order mate.

Have we got enough talent to promote though? Didn't Dyche put a little dig out last week saying that we have none? Which personally I dont believe
Then we're in trouble really aren't we? given our financial position I can't see how any money can be meaningfully reinvested into the squad this summer..

There are no real outstanding players coming through tbh, the academy is a proper mess. Sounds like there are a few lads lined up to come in during the summer which will help.

The people at the club have to believe they've got the talent to develop though thats what everyone always ignores with these things. No offence meant to Dobbin but I just don't think he's ever really been seen as someone who's going to have a great career at premier league level Patterson is someone they took a chance on obviously hoping he could improve and become a top player but maybe he'll never be any more than a squad player thats not the worst thing in the world if thats the case. Chermiti was always said to be one for the future he's another one that they've taken a chance on hoping theres more to come we'll find out in time.

Everyone hates point deductions, but surely they are preferable to having an ultra wank team that is simply incapable of staying up. I think Forest are in a better situation with their 4 point deduction than the likes of Burnley and Sheffield United with 0 point deductions, for example.

Having said that, FFP concerns are now secondary to the fact that we don't have anyone to actually cover the losses anymore, so we will be looking to break even.

But I don't think things are quite as bad as is being made out. I think we will have some money to spend off the back of player sales.

Doucoure at 140,000 per week is extremely bad value for money. I bet you Roma aren't even paying that amount in their loan deal for Lukaku. It will be interesting to see what happens with Lukaku, will he return to Chelsea or will it be yet another loan deal?

A very good point was made by someone highlighting how vulnerable we would become in the event of an injury to Tarkowski, especially once we have sold Branthwaite. That's why I wouldn't have a panic attack if United offered something like 50 million plus Maguire for Branthwaite.

The money could be used to sign a younger centre back like the lad at Hull, and then we would have two experienced centre backs along with a younger up and coming option.

We'd probably still have Keane as 4th choice on the last year of his contract. But we will be getting rid of Holgate and Godfrey thus summer, so we will need more than just one replacement following the sale of Branthwaite.