Summer 2024 transfer thread.

If we have to sell one of our "crown jewels", I would be more comfortable selling Onana than Brainthwaite. I often sturggle to see what Onana contributes and would find him easier to replace. Now I don't want to sell anyone, but I fear we are left with little choice.
Me too am hoping we could get away with just selling onana, Branthwaite will be worth more next season as well

If we have to sell one of our "crown jewels", I would be more comfortable selling Onana than Brainthwaite. I often sturggle to see what Onana contributes and would find him easier to replace. Now I don't want to sell anyone, but I fear we are left with little choice.

They'll almost certainly both be going. If I had to guess, Branthwaite before June 30th, Onana after.

They'll almost certainly both be going. If I had to guess, Branthwaite before June 30th, Onana after.
Yeah think is between 25- under 40 the club needs make, cant really see too many offers for the rubbish. Would be happy if we could move godfrey on to leeds with them having his ex manager in charge and did have links in jan maybe 5/10 mill max. Then same with maupy no idea what his value will be maybe 5/8 but juat afraid clubs will kno we need sell

I don’t get why people are so negative towards Beto, he’s only had 8 league starts and scored 3 goals. DCL had started 22 games and has 5 goals.
Although I did think he was pushed on sat when clean through, but did you see his touch before he went down. That wasn't taking around the keeper that was going into the bullens road out for a throw in 🤣

I don’t get why people are so negative towards Beto, he’s only had 8 league starts and scored 3 goals. DCL had started 22 games and has 5 goals.

I’d have started him more often, as he has a goal in him. But he’s an objectively dreadful footballer. I think that’s why.

I think we may need to sell more than one unfortunately to avoid further deductions.

As I understand it we are already over the allowed 105m loss based on accounts 21/22 and 22/23. In year ending 23/24 we need to at least show a break even situation to have any hope of avoiding more points being deducted next season.
I feel that even if we are over the 105m when you add 21/22 and 22/23 but the there is no further loss in 23/24 then the double jeopardy argument would probably prevent further points being taken.

In 22/23 as per the accounts we lost 89m but that loss was hugely pruned for PSR purposes, however, bar large player sales in the current tax year it is hard to see how we avoid another big loss, unless there were once off items in the last accounts which won't be repeated.

I think we may need to sell more than one unfortunately to avoid further deductions.

As I understand it we are already over the allowed 105m loss based on accounts 21/22 and 22/23. In year ending 23/24 we need to at least show a break even situation to have any hope of avoiding more points being deducted next season.
I feel that even if we are over the 105m when you add 21/22 and 22/23 but the there is no further loss in 23/24 then the double jeopardy argument would probably prevent further points being taken.

In 22/23 as per the accounts we lost 89m but that loss was hugely pruned for PSR purposes, however, bar large player sales in the current tax year it is hard to see how we avoid another big loss, unless there were once off items in the last accounts which won't be repeated.
We COULD, fantasy I know, but selling somebody like Maupay for 10million before July 1st could put us level.

We COULD, fantasy I know, but selling somebody like Maupay for 10million before July 1st could put us level.
I think that is the hope.
I see now as well that talk has started about DCL being sold. He is heading into his last season so I think it will be a new contract or be sold.
However I expect all contract talks are on hold until we know in which division we will be playing .
Looking in from the outside it seems to me that Onana most of all may be sold , partly because we need the sale but also because I feel he wants to leave.

My hope is that if we sell Onana and Maupay then we may not need to sell Branthwaite this summer and unless he puts real pressure on to leave we may get another season from him.
Branthwaite is still a very young centre back and another Premiership season at Everton will not hinder his career at all, it may boost it even as he has had a lot of positive publicity this season.

I think that is the hope.
I see now as well that talk has started about DCL being sold. He is heading into his last season so I think it will be a new contract or be sold.
However I expect all contract talks are on hold until we know in which division we will be playing .
Looking in from the outside it seems to me that Onana most of all may be sold , partly because we need the sale but also because I feel he wants to leave.

My hope is that if we sell Onana and Maupay then we may not need to sell Branthwaite this summer and unless he puts real pressure on to leave we may get another season from him.
Branthwaite is still a very young centre back and another Premiership season at Everton will not hinder his career at all, it may boost it even as he has had a lot of positive publicity this season.
I dont see any world in which Branners wants to stay here and fight for 17th.

But I just feel that if maybe we could offload Maupay for around 10million that might be all thats needed, with the way PSR works.

We could then take our time with getting the best deal for Onana and Branners.

We have sold quite a lot of players since last July, and those transactions will fall in FY24 accounts.

Cannon
Simms
Nkounkou
Iwobi
Gray

And possibly other youth players IIRC

We might not be that far away once you factor in the profit on all those deals. We made probably 45m there on those transfers.