Summer 2024 transfer thread.

We have sold quite a lot of players since last July, and those transactions will fall in FY24 accounts.

Cannon
Simms
Nkounkou
Iwobi
Gray

And possibly other youth players IIRC

We might not be that far away once you factor in the profit on all those deals. We made probably 45m there on those transfers.
Good point, were those sales all after June 30th last year ?
ISS as well.

Yeah think is between 25- under 40 the club needs make, cant really see too many offers for the rubbish. Would be happy if we could move godfrey on to leeds with them having his ex manager in charge and did have links in jan maybe 5/10 mill max. Then same with maupy no idea what his value will be maybe 5/8 but juat afraid clubs will kno we need sell

How much is it to break even on Maupey?

I imagine we will be looking to bring stop gaps in, Probably on frees/loans..

I by no way condone or think the below is acceptable, but image it's along the lines of what we'll see...

Fulham have a few out of contract this summer Tosin Adarabioyo, De Cordova Reid (Surprised he's got 6 in 27 this season) & Tete all might be worth a look?

Ben Johnson & Antonio were linked last year, they're both out of contract too?

Expect us to be linked with Charlie Taylor and Josh Brownhill.

I thought at the time Ben Brereton Diaz would have been a good option on a free, obviously not worked out in Spain for him, but shown he can do it in a struggling Sheffield United side... I'd take him on loan with an option.

What a time to be alive. Such good times..

Tete's a really good shout. I was very impressed with him last season and surprised he hasn't got in ahead of Castagne who's a steady full back but not as good going forward.

Ogbene feels like a Dyche signing....did someone say he's out of contract or have I got that wrong? Someone in the bottom half will pick him up so he'll remain in the premier league even if Luton don't.

Unfortunately for us the media don’t rate him, so that knocks a bit off his price.

The issue with Pickford is the top clubs are sorted for keepers for now.

Last season he was getting linked with Spurs and Man. United. One has signed Vicario and the other has signed Onana who after a terrible start has looked a bit more competent recently. Both are long term number ones rather than stop gaps.

He's obviously never going to sign for Newcastle either so if he decided to move on the options are pretty limited unless Chelsea fancy blowing 50m + on him.

He'll also have seen what has happened to Ramsdale this season so I think he'd just prefer to stay here and be number one as might be a change of England manager aswell in next six months so no guarantee he'd be as favoured under the next one as he is under Southgate.

I think, Rooney aside, we have done mostly very well with selling our players.

Others will disagree of course, but I personally feel as tho we have on the main got top dollar.

7bb343df-8bc4-4274-ac5e-263333b5c6c3_text.gif