Summer 2024 transfer thread.

It is very difficult to consider what players will be sold or bought until we know which division we will be in next season.

What is not in doubt is that there will be sales before June 30th to help with our PSR issues.

I think we will try to bring in a couple of frees transfers like Brownhill at Burnley , a couple of loans and I think any money spent will be on young players either from the lower divisions or abroad.

I don't think there is the same value in championship players as before as the better players fetch prices we may not be able to afford. I think our players may come from abroad.

I'd be very shocked if Brownhill isn't am everton come summer.

Dyche knows him well; won't cost a penny either.

Branthwaite and Onana gone. I'd throw Pickford's name in that mix too. Caveated heavily with PSR outcome, takeover, whether we stay up and our financial mire as a result of our losses.
I reckon Chelsea will be in the market for a new keeper this summer.

Looks like it's going to be a fire sale in June.

Sad times indeed
If it was fire sale in the same form as say a Villa and we had a restructure I wouldn't mind, but you know it will be a case of,,,,

Branthwaite sale... Dyche "Keane is back on form, he is good to start this season"
Onana - 'We believe in Gana & Garner, we have some good youngsters coming through'

160m transfer fees in.... 6m out.

I'd be very shocked if Brownhill isn't am everton come summer.

Dyche knows him well; won't cost a penny either.
He can't even get a game for Burnley at the moment and he is their captain, starts on the bench these days. Surely Thelwell and Purdy can come up with better than Brownhill and likes of Harrison.

He can't even get a game for Burnley at the moment and he is their captain, starts on the bench these days. Surely Thelwell and Purdy can come up with better than Brownhill and likes of Harrison.

Are you confident of that? Cause if we've got a Chermiti, Beto deal to pay for, then I don't even know how much of a budget we'll have.

Lots of bargains and frees incoming, I reckon!

Are you confident of that? Cause if we've got a Chermiti, Beto deal to pay for, then I don't even know how much of a budget we'll have.

Lots of bargains and frees incoming, I reckon!
Then they need to learn to look a bit further a field and they will get better deals abroad, if Onana and Branthwaite go then there will be enough to pay for instalments on both and bring others in providing we do the right deals. Just have to be creative and know the market, we are notoriously lazy.

Then they need to learn to look a bit further a field and they will get better deals abroad, if Onana and Branthwaite go then there will be enough to pay for instalments on both and bring others in providing we do the right deals. Just have to be creative and know the market, we are notoriously lazy.

Oh agreed.

Despite not being a huge fan of Onana; a young players who weshould make a reasonable profit on; once Lille have had their cut.

I'm hoping other young lads see the springboard we can be, and also want to join... sadly that's where were at at the moment.

Brownhill isn't my choice, just exactly what I expect.

Jack Harrison back to Leeds, hopefully. Beto back to Udinese, we surely have a warranty on him (please be true).

Fully expect either Braintwaite or Onana to go. Probably both

Everything depends on what these new FFP rules will be for next season.

I don't see why we should allow players go of for less then what we want.

If Onana is £60m, you have to pay it.
If Branthwaite is £80m, you have to pay it.

Our squad is threadbare enough so to lose two big players it has to be for our fee.

Regardless of a rule change in the summer, we are still under the current rules. So unless we want another 4/5 points deduction next season, someone has to go before the end of June.

Club will know that and lowball us. Same with Forest. Issue we have is some of the buying clubs like Chelsea, Arsenal, Utd, Villa and Newcastle etc may have to sell to buy so it narrows down the options. Hope Bayern do come in early for Onana then we can hold on for Branthwaites value.