Summer 2024 transfer thread.

….Onana might be seen as a ‘sellable asset’ given his loss could be covered, problem is whether his profit would be sufficient to get us over the FFP threshold.

Regardless, we need to get through this season first.
I’m of the opinion that we should refuse any offers for our top players unless the offer is acceptable to us, and if this takes us over the FFP threshold so be it and drag the PL through the courts if they come after us, I’m fed up with clubs being punished for trying to compete it’s ridiculous that 2/3rd of the league are basically barred from competing with the rest.

We can't sign nothing until we are safe.
Hopefully we pick up a couple of wins in the next 10 days to help us get a bit more organised this summer because it's going to be just as tough next season and our squad threadbare

Just looking at some of the salaries which should be coming off the books. Ive said for a couple of years, this and next summer should be looked at as an opportunity.

I dont think relegation would be a part of 777 (or any owners) plans.

If we can keep hold of Branthwaite then we can build from (imo) a position of positivity.

In terms of the first 11 I think with the addition of:

RB + RW + ACM + CF we would look a different team.

Whoever takes over i think they will bring a transfer chest with them. The risk of relegation would be far too high otherwise.

Just looking at some of the salaries which should be coming off the books. Ive said for a couple of years, this and next summer should be looked at as an opportunity.

I dont think relegation would be a part of 777 (or any owners) plans.

If we can keep hold of Branthwaite then we can build from (imo) a position of positivity.

In terms of the first 11 I think with the addition of:

RB + RW + ACM + CF we would look a different team.

Whoever takes over i think they will bring a transfer chest with them. The risk of relegation would be far too high otherwise.

I think Onana is so going but Branthwaite doesn't strike me as a lad who will push for a move but if a big fee and big club come in, he will go BUT it has to be our terms because he has years on his deal.

This should be a fairly short thread...

Summer transfer window opens.
Thelwell open Everton wallet.
Says naa mate, we're skint.
Summer transfer window closes.
End thread.

Lewis Hall at Newcastle seems to be going back to Chelsea. He was signed on loan with an obligation (incl playing clauses) to buy at £28mil with £7mil in add ons.

He doesnt seem to have triggered the clauses and with Newcastle having FFP issues seems to be on his way back to Chelsea.

Chelsea also having FFP issues and with Hall having a season with little game time may decide to (again) cash in on a home grown player.

As much as i like Mykolenko, if we were to bring in £20-25mil from sales I'd love to see him playing for us.

To add to this, if we could hold onto Branthwaite id expect this to be Englands left back and left centre back pairing for the long term.

An opportunity?

Onana and Branthwaite will sadly be in the window all summer.

I just hope we have a board who are strong enough and smart enough to not get lowballed.

Onana is a £60m+
Branthwaite is a £80m+
Do we have a board? Who's running the club? We have an absent owner and a DoF who couldn't be described as a board member, surely?

Even if we don't lose any of the current squad other than those coming to the end of their contracts we still need to bring numbers into the squad.
We are probably five short of what is needed as it is.
We will probably see Stanley Mills stay in the squad next season with possibly Campbell and/or Reece Welch.

We certainly will be looking at free transfers and loans.

It is likely we will try to sign Harrison but after that I think it will be young players from the lower league's and from abroad.

There is also the contract situation to be addressed with players like DCL and Seamus who are at or near the end of their present contracts.
Maupay will leave and I think Onana maybe as well. Michael Keane is another who will surely want to leave.
I think the club will try to keep Branthwaite for another season.

Lewis Hall at Newcastle seems to be going back to Chelsea. He was signed on loan with an obligation (incl playing clauses) to buy at £28mil with £7mil in add ons.

He doesnt seem to have triggered the clauses and with Newcastle having FFP issues seems to be on his way back to Chelsea.

Chelsea also having FFP issues and with Hall having a season with little game time may decide to (again) cash in on a home grown player.

As much as i like Mykolenko, if we were to bring in £20-25mil from sales I'd love to see him playing for us.

To add to this, if we could hold onto Branthwaite id expect this to be Englands left back and left centre back pairing for the long term.

An opportunity?
No. The fact that Newcastle prefer to play Burn to Hall at left back tells you he isn't that great.

Even when Burn was injured Hall didn't get a gig.

Full backs seem to be a lacuna with you Zat .....Emerson Royal anyone? lol

Even if we don't lose any of the current squad other than those coming to the end of their contracts we still need to bring numbers into the squad.
We are probably five short of what is needed as it is.
We will probably see Stanley Mills stay in the squad next season with possibly Campbell and/or Reece Welch.

We certainly will be looking at free transfers and loans.

It is likely we will try to sign Harrison but after that I think it will be young players from the lower league's and from abroad.

There is also the contract situation to be addressed with players like DCL and Seamus who are at or near the end of their present contracts.
Maupay will leave and I think Onana maybe as well. Michael Keane is another who will surely want to leave.
I think the club will try to keep Branthwaite for another season.
I hope I'm wrong but I genuinely don't see any way we keep Branthwaite next season.

I think both he and Onana will be sold. Hopefully Maupay, Keane , Godfrey and Holgate join them.

Recruitment will be grim next season.

We certainly need to get 4 good loans in that are first XI quality

Danjuma and Harrison will go back. If Leeds loan Harrison again we will take him I am sure of it. Which leaves us three loans that we really must make the most of

I hope I'm wrong but I genuinely don't see any way we keep Branthwaite next season.

I think both he and Onana will be sold. Hopefully Maupay, Keane , Godfrey and Holgate join them.

Recruitment will be grim next season.
I really hope you are wrong (don’t think you are !!)

Odd we can keep Branthwaite and Onana I think we will have the semblance of a competitive mid table team.

Need to find some goals though