Summer 2024 transfer thread.

Even if we don't lose any of the current squad other than those coming to the end of their contracts we still need to bring numbers into the squad.
We are probably five short of what is needed as it is.
We will probably see Stanley Mills stay in the squad next season with possibly Campbell and/or Reece Welch.

We certainly will be looking at free transfers and loans.

It is likely we will try to sign Harrison but after that I think it will be young players from the lower league's and from abroad.

There is also the contract situation to be addressed with players like DCL and Seamus who are at or near the end of their present contracts.
Maupay will leave and I think Onana maybe as well. Michael Keane is another who will surely want to leave.
I think the club will try to keep Branthwaite for another season.
Why will Keane want to leave? To accept a significant drop in income - doubt that somehow. From previous posts he is stated to be contracted until 2025, until then it is likely be is all ours.

A little bit unrealistic, in the circumstances.

Yes, highly unlikely to happen or anything close to it.

But if we could do it and achieve reasonable fees for those sold & save the wages on those out of contract:

Lonergan £10k wages
Godfrey £60k wages + £12.5mil fee
Keane £75k wages + £10mil fee
Holgate £60k wages + £5mil fee
Young £75k wages
Coleman £75k wages
Doucoure £120k wages
Gomes £120k wages
Gana £120k wages
Dele £120k wages
Harrison £75k wages
Danjuma £75k wages
DCL £80k wages + £25mil fee
Beto £60k wages + £20mil fee
Maupay £70k wages + £10mil fee

= £1.195mil weekly wages × 52 = £62.14mil
= £82.5mil

Total = £144, 640,000

That would enable us to have a rebuld

No. The fact that Newcastle prefer to play Burn to Hall at left back tells you he isn't that great.

Even when Burn was injured Hall didn't get a gig.

Full backs seem to be a lacuna with you Zat .....Emerson Royal anyone? lol

He has a clause in his agreement that they must sign him if he completes X amount of appearances.

Newcastle will need to sell players due to FFP and so are likely not playing him so they dont trigger the deal.

Have you seen him? When i have hes been class...

But if we could do it and achieve reasonable fees for those sold & save the wages on those out of contract:

Lonergan £10k wages
Young £75k wages
Coleman £75k wages
Doucoure £120k wages
Gomes £120k wages
Gana £120k wages
Dele £120k wages
Harrison £75k wages
Danjuma £75k wages

= £82.5mil

Total = £144, 640,000

Would also leave us “doing a forest”

Those out of contract will go. Except probably Coleman and Gana who get 12 month extensions.

Those on loan will go.

I think that is what you rebuilding from with a need to also get back under FFP new rules. If we can sell a Godfrey or a Holgate we will (a Beto ?). But without it a jewel is likely sacrificed. Branthwaite or Onana - our most valuable assets

Lonergan £10k wages
Young £75k wages
Coleman £75k wages
Doucoure £120k wages
Gomes £120k wages
Gana £120k wages
Dele £120k wages
Harrison £75k wages
Danjuma £75k wages

= £82.5mil

Total = £144, 640,000

That would enable us to have a rebuld.
Best of luck signing 15 players and paying them a wage with 144million.

Not quite sure why you refuse to accept that Branners and Onana will be sold to fund any business we do this Summer, but I can assure you we will not do what you suggest above.

Would also leave us “doing a forest”

Those out of contract will go. Except probably Coleman and Gana who get 12 month extensions.

Those on loan will go.

I think that is what you rebuilding from with a need to also get back under FFP new rules. If we can sell a Godfrey or a Holgate we will (a Beto ?). But without it a jewel is likely sacrificed. Branthwaite or Onana - our most valuable assets
I'd wager both onana and branthwaite go this summer to the highest bidders. I cannot see anyone buying beto... another poor buy from us, so far.

Garner may attract interest also. Godfrey I think will go too.

We have major work to do this summer recruitment wise, but all hinges on who we sell first.

I really hope we don't do what we normally do and leave it till the last week/day... with the, we tried but our targets weren't available nonsense being the narrative.

I'd wager both onana and branthwaite go this summer to the highest bidders. I cannot see anyone buying beto... another poor buy from us, so far.

Garner may attract interest also. Godfrey I think will go too.

We have major work to do this summer recruitment wise, but all hinges on who we sell first.

I really hope we don't do what we normally do and leave it till the last week/day... with the, we tried but our targets weren't available nonsense being the narrative.
Im afraid to say we will leave it to the last minute, yet again.

Euros this Summer which will delay most transfers.

Im afraid to say we will leave it to the last minute, yet again.

Euros this Summer which will delay most transfers.
That's a fair point, I forgot about that!!! Wonder which 'about to be legend, who turns out carp!' We will pick up from there too!! 🫣

That's a fair point, I forgot about that!!! Wonder which 'about to be legend, who turns out carp!' We will pick up from there too!! 🫣
I cant imagine we would be able to afford anybody who has a Euros tax.

IF we assume that Branners and Onana are sold, that leaves us with 14 players, money will be needed for Beto and Chermo, which leaves us the cash from Branners, Onana and Maupay, lets say circa 140m, minus 40m for Beto and Chermo, so 100m to buy 10 players.

I suppose a few loans and frees could lessen the burden, but its gonna be tight.

Edit*

I also missed off the fact that if you are signing 10 players, you also gotta factor in around 20m for Agent fees.

And if we wanna do what Zat suggests and sell 5 or 6 players and buy 15, you are talking around 50m in Agent fees.

Last edited:
i could literally do kevin thelwell's job and get us challenging for top 4 next season

give me a job everton
You have zero transfer budget.
You will likely have to sell at least one of our major player assets (Onana, Branthwaite, Pickford).
You are strapped with poor players on big wages that you will need to sell for a bag of crisps or try to loan out despite no apparent market for these players.
Have at it!

You have zero transfer budget.
You will likely have to sell at least one of our major player assets (Onana, Branthwaite, Pickford).
You are strapped with poor players on big wages that you will need to sell for a bag of crisps or try to loan out despite no apparent market for these players.
Have at it!
Yeah, but even if you fail, you get paid 2million a year.

Sign me up.

Lewis Hall at Newcastle seems to be going back to Chelsea. He was signed on loan with an obligation (incl playing clauses) to buy at £28mil with £7mil in add ons.

He doesnt seem to have triggered the clauses and with Newcastle having FFP issues seems to be on his way back to Chelsea.

Chelsea also having FFP issues and with Hall having a season with little game time may decide to (again) cash in on a home grown player.

As much as i like Mykolenko, if we were to bring in £20-25mil from sales I'd love to see him playing for us.

To add to this, if we could hold onto Branthwaite id expect this to be Englands left back and left centre back pairing for the long term.

An opportunity?
I don't think we are in the business to spend £20m on opportunities.

We will be lucky to spend over £20m in total nevermind one player

Lonergan £10k wages
Young £75k wages
Coleman £75k wages
Doucoure £120k wages
Gomes £120k wages
Gana £120k wages
Dele £120k wages
Harrison £75k wages
Danjuma £75k wages

= £82.5mil

Total = £144, 640,000

I think you need to back away from the computer

Lonergan £10k wages
Young £75k wages
Coleman £75k wages
Doucoure £120k wages
Gomes £120k wages
Gana £120k wages
Dele £120k wages
Harrison £75k wages
Danjuma £75k wages