Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still remember the screaming and wailing when we shut them out at Anfield to ensure we finished abead of them for the second season in a row and every single one of their media mouthpieces was up in arms about us absolutely fuming. If we won the next trophy between the two clubs there’d be incidents. If it was the league their would be riots and civil unrest on the streets.
Following the devastating Christchurch earthquake of 2011, an edict came down that all buildings undergo 'earthquake-worthiness' assessment and structural weaknesses be redressed to prevent/limit future excessive damage. I would like to think that LCC is undertaking similar measures in Liverpool. If Everton were to beat RS in the league, I fear there might be a LOT of walls tumbling down in the city...

One of the best things we’ve done in the transfer window (and it’s down to Brands) is that we haven’t bought a player over 25. Think this window is going to benefit us massively in the future.
Another positive is that none of them will be lost during the African Nations either.

Got to say, what a refreshing change from the norm.

Silva and Marco, absolute top drawer recruitment. Shows what we’ve been missing for decades.

Identify the targets and get them across the line.

Had to wait on Mina but what a beast of a signing and still so young.

Bernard - massive coup, can’t wait till he’s up to speed and firing.

So pleased with this new team and their results.

I'm honestly chuffed that we can put all of this ridiculous nonsense to bed now, on a very happy note. Heck of a job from those at the pointy end.

I'm dead happy about all these signings but I think Gomes on loan gives McCarthy the breathing space he needs to rise from the ashes and be the beautiful Phoenix we need.

10/10 would sign him twice.
F5E04246-EA49-423B-A64D-53F06F9059CC.jpeg

Of course!

1. Pickford (GK) 24
  2. Robles (GK) 28 ❌
  3. Stekelenberg (GK) 35
  4. Joao Virginia (GK) 18 ⬅️
  5. Coleman (RB) 29
  6. Kenny (RB) 21
  7. Martina (RB) 28
  8. Digne (LB) 25 ⬅️
  9. Baines (LB) 33
  10. Garbutt (LB) 25 ❌ (loan)
  11. Robinson (LB) 20 ❌ (loan)
  12. Mina (CB) 23 ⬅️
  13. Jagielka (CB) 35
  14. Williams (CB) 33 ❌ (loan)
  15. Keane (CB) 25
  16. Funes Mori (CB) 27 ❌
  17. Holgate (CB) 21
  18. Pennington (CB) 23
  19. Browning (CB) 24
  20. Galloway (CB) 22
  21. Gueye (DM) 28
  22. Baningime (DM) 19
  23. Schneiderlin (DM) 28
  24. McCarthy (DM) 27
  25. Besic (DM) 25
  26. Connolly (DM) 20 ❌ (loan)
  27. Klaassen (CM) 25 ❌
  28. Davies (CM) 20
  29. André Gomes (CM) 25 ⬅️
  30. Bernard (AM) 25 ⬅️
  31. Rooney (AM) 32 ❌
  32. Sigurdsson (AM) 28
  33. Dowell (AM) 20
  34. Tarashaj (AM) 23 ❌ (loan)
  35. Vlasic (RW) 20
  36. Walcott (RW) 29
  37. Sandro (RW) 23
  38. Richarlison (LW) 21 ⬅️
  39. Lookman (LW) 20
  40. Bolasie (LW) 29
  41. Mirallas (LW) 30 ❌ (loan)
  42. Onyekuru (LW) 21 ❌ (loan)
  43. Tosun (ST) 27
  44. Calvert-Lewin (ST) 21
  45. Niasse (ST) 28

In: 6 (Richarlison, Digne, Joao Virginia, Bernard, Mina, André Gomes)

Out: 11 (Robles, Funes Mori, Rooney, Garbutt, Onyekuru, Tarashaj, Klaassen, Williams, Robinson, Mirallas, Connolly)

Current Total: 34

That total of 34 is too big especially with Zouma probably joining tomorrow.

We need to offload:
Martina
Bolasie
Besic
Browning
Galloway

And loan out for the future/increasing value:
Vlasic
Dowell
Baningime
Pennington
Sandro OR DCL - they won’t both get enough game time

I’d hope that Brands can get a couple of them out on loan to some decent sides across Europe.

That brings us down to a squad of 25.

There’s a number of players that we should be looking at offloading in January including:
  • Jags - he’s been great for us but at his age it’s best to move him on if the other CBs kick on.
  • McCarthy - if we can keep him fit for more than 5 matches, that’s a £20m asset to sell in January.
  • Morgan - there’s a chance that this revamped side could bring him back to form but if not we should try to shift him while he has any value. He’s probably worth £25m in today’s market despite his poor form.

That total of 34 is too big especially with Zouma probably joining tomorrow.

We need to offload:
Martina
Bolasie
Besic
Browning
Galloway

And loan out for the future/increasing value:
Vlasic
Dowell
Baningime
Pennington
Sandro OR DCL - they won’t both get enough game time

I’d hope that Brands can get a couple of them out on loan to some decent sides across Europe.

That brings us down to a squad of 25.

There’s a number of players that we should be looking at offloading in January including:
  • Jags - he’s been great for us but at his age it’s best to move him on if the other CBs kick on.
  • McCarthy - if we can keep him fit for more than 5 matches, that’s a £20m asset to sell in January.
  • Morgan - there’s a chance that this revamped side could bring him back to form but if not we should try to shift him while he has any value. He’s probably worth £25m in today’s market despite his poor form.

Agree with most of this, bar SniderRat being worth 25m, would be shocked.

Still think we will move a few more out this window, then a few more in Jan, think we should focus on a Striker in Jan personally, think we are a bit light there and probably CM, but signing a ST and CM is a big ask for a Winter window, our needs will become clearer by then anyway.

Agree with most of this, bar SniderRat being worth 25m, would be shocked.

Still think we will move a few more out this window, then a few more in Jan, think we should focus on a Striker in Jan personally, think we are a bit light there and probably CM, but signing a ST and CM is a big ask for a Winter window, our needs will become clearer by then anyway.

I can just see someone like Marseille chucking some money at him, he’d probably be boss over there.

If he can find form it’ll save us a lot of trouble in having to replace him though so hopefully he does.

We’re definitely light up top but I doubt we can attract much better than what we have (for a reasonable price that is), especially in Jan.

Our best hope is that we play good football this season and surprise people, get back in Europe and go all out for a first choice striker next summer.

Tosun as second choice isn’t a bad option and we’d then be able to offload Niasse. Maybe even Richarlison could play up top at that point..

It was nice while it lasted I suppose. I was very happy with how the window panned out and put my head down for a couple of hours in such mind-set. But I've awoken, and thanks to @davek, I'm now feeling a bit jaded. Reality bites I guess and the reality is that the carpetbagger is pulling the wool over all of our eyes and is exploiting Everton so he can line his avaricious pockets. There's still Capt Jags and Bainesy in the background scheming devious plots to undermine the manager and generally causing dressing room disharmony. And finally, and this is probably what grates the most, I'm fuming that Lukaku's no-show against France denied Bobby his opportunity to enter the pantheon of great, great managers by holding aloft the World Cup.
I'm feeling pretty down about things and after the excitement of early this morning (NZ time) it's turned out to be gloomy dawn.
Everton that.
Have a hug and a :pint2:! Even @davek has had quite a few positive words about this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.