Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
What concerns me about the rojo reports is it once again suggests we haven’t identified a particular ‘type’ of player.

Mina is a 6ft 5 man mountain who doesn’t look particularly quick but is a dominant ball winner, while rojo’s strengths (such as they are) have always struck me as being a decent all round footballer, and his recovery defending. Mina’s right Footed, rojo is left. He’s also 4 years older. They’re not alike at all as far as I can see, so why are we moving from one to the other? Surely there’s another player more similar to Mina if that’s the profile we want.
Alternatively maybe after this pre season they've decided they need two rather than one new CBS?

I’m with you on that, Brands operating on a different level - perhaps he wants to invest in better known quantities initially to make the squad immediately more competitive.
Operating on different level ?

He's watched Barca ressies and signed a Watford winger for loads and we've still got Jags, Keane and Williams as the heart of our defence.

Operating on different level ?

He's watched Barca ressies and signed a Watford winger for loads and we've still got Jags, Keane and Williams as the heart of our defence.
Bahaha I meant on a different level to PSV, he’s got a bit more money too - Well I certainly hope he has. x

Bahaha I meant on a different level to PSV, he’s got a bit more money too - Well I certainly hope he has. x
Jury is still out in brands. Look past the nice suits, full head of hair and sexy foreigner.

Still massive problems in that squad. Absolute cluster at the back.

The hold up on the Digne deal could be Alcacer, not Mina?

Wasn't it reported that the announcement was delayed for this

Just seen that Barcelona want 27 million and us and Leicester are interested on Skysports

Discuss?

Status
Not open for further replies.