Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted Lindelöf hasn't exactly covered himself in glory at Man U. Still rate him as a much better prospect than Keane or Holgate. Looked solid in the World Cup group stage, both on and off the ball.

If they were to do this they would have completed the carbon copy of our Summer spending spree last season.

Throwing money at 'names' and expensive gambles, for players who just don't appear to have a system to slot into.
We signed absolutely no one of the quality of Yarmolenko or Anderson last summer.

Think it's time for us to stop mocking other clubs deals and get on and do something ourselves with just two weeks left.

If we'd signed those players, there would be a far higher level of excitement amongst us ahead of the season and rightly so.

Oh and back on topic, please sign him West Ham.

It's been a prolific breeding season for them, as conditions have been perfect for them.

I suspect that this could be one of the biggest indexes ever seen.
Agreed and usually he'd be up to his neck in Weaselage yet he has not been seen for some time. I hope he has not gone down a tunnel to look for their breeding grounds alone and succumbed to the stench. Pray for @orly

With Silva saying he wants to work with 22-24 outfield players we would probably go with the following.
Obvs we have Pickford & Stek so we are probably bringing another random Rob Green style goalie in

Definitely Staying
Schneiderlin
Baines
Keane
Jagielka
Walcott
Tosun
Gueye
Sigurdsson
Niasse
Coleman
Davies
Calvert Lewin
Richarlison
Holgate
Kenny

We then have a pool of maybes, wether it be the manager isnt sure or its likely they be loaned out for experience
Sandro
Martina
McCarthy
Besic
Vlasic
Dowell
Lookman
Robinson
Connolly
Baningime
Pennington

And the list of more than likely to be gone
Williams
Bolasie
Mirallas
Klaassen
Browning
Galloway

So we have 15 definates (add maybe 3 new signings), gives us 18 definates, leaves us needing to get shut of about 6 of the 11 maybes plus the 6 definates.

I think the definates may actually be harder to shift than the maybes, the loan window for the championship stays open after ours close, so it may be a case of having to wait a little after the season starts if we are loaning some of the younger ones out for experience, although im not sure how a year in the championship would help Dowell/Connolly/Vlasic or even Baningime

With Silva saying he wants to work with 22-24 outfield players we would probably go with the following.
Obvs we have Pickford & Stek so we are probably bringing another random Rob Green style goalie in

Definitely Staying
Schneiderlin
Baines
Keane
Jagielka
Walcott
Tosun
Gueye
Sigurdsson
Niasse
Coleman
Davies
Calvert Lewin
Richarlison
Holgate
Kenny

We then have a pool of maybes, wether it be the manager isnt sure or its likely they be loaned out for experience
Sandro
Martina
McCarthy
Besic
Vlasic
Dowell
Lookman
Robinson
Connolly
Baningime
Pennington

And the list of more than likely to be gone
Williams
Bolasie
Mirallas
Klaassen
Browning
Galloway

So we have 15 definates (add maybe 3 new signings), gives us 18 definates, leaves us needing to get shut of about 6 of the 11 maybes plus the 6 definates.

I think the definates may actually be harder to shift than the maybes, the loan window for the championship stays open after ours close, so it may be a case of having to wait a little after the season starts if we are loaning some of the younger ones out for experience, although im not sure how a year in the championship would help Dowell/Connolly/Vlasic or even Baningime
Hewelt could be the 3rd keeper, seeing as he got some game time in Austria. I can't see us bringing another keeper in unless Pickford or Stek go.

Status
Not open for further replies.