Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he should have stayed really mate. We didn't have a player like him and Sigurdsson wasn't fit. But yes the loan was a good one and I think will have done him good (the good and bad).

You're right that it could go either way. I like the lad and think Silva will but thats just guesswork.

I’m of the opinion based on the little I’ve seen, he needs more time to develop. I would hope he can be afforded another loan at a more attacking team next year just to bring out more confidence in him. He’s technically good, just want his in game intelligence to be boosted - The atmosphere was so toxic last year, it could have been damaging for him and any youth player on the pitch at Goodison.

Kenny, Dowell, Baningime amongst others don’t need the distraction of impatient biffs whilst learning. It makes me think Davies needs to out too, not that I think he will.

His post semifinal meltdown was hilarious to be fair.
It is a farce that England being knocked out of the World Cup by Croatia is seen as some sort of success. England were favourites for that match, you know?

A Country of 4m, with a poorer infrastructure for sport is knocking out England. A nation who lays claim to be the ‘home of football’, has 18x the population and invests millions each year into sports’ infrastructure. Not to mention that all of the England players are playing in the so called ‘best league in the World’.

Plenty in the pub and in work have been in full agreement. But you know better.

Seen today the daily star (I know) staying we are interested in Zaha, but Chelsea are looking at him as a replacement for Hazard if he leaves. So we are now looking at Malcom from Bordeaux as the manager really wants a left winger. This would make sense with Bolasie linked with a move away and Lookman wanting to go
Malcom off to Inter I think

Watching the training match (desperate) - Besic looks sharp and makes some great passes. I wonder sometimes whether he gets played defensively too much. It would be good to see the best of him, even if it is somewhere else.

we finished 8th last season mate hardly mid table - if we show some ambition (looking unlikely at this stage) and made 3-4 good signings to compliment Pickford, Coleman, Gana, Walcott, Siggurdsson and Tosun we will have a decent season imo. My concern is we are not making any concrete moves other than registering interest when the clock is ticking.
The immediate aim won’t be on overtaking teams above us. Brands and Silva will just be looking to improve us on the pitch and making us more competitive.

Without being patronising, try and manage your expectations.

The immediate aim won’t be on overtaking teams above us. Brands and Silva will just be looking to improve us on the pitch and making us more competitive.

Without being patronising, try and manage your expectations.

Yeah, feels like we are trying to sort the club out as a priority - rather than trying to buy a league place or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.