Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite his age ( 30 ), I`m very surprised that no one has mentioned Mousa Dembele at Spurs.

Apparently he`s been told he can leave and according to the rags, is off to China.

There aren`t many better midfielders better in the Premier league and he pisses all over that cart horse Carvalho.

Myself and a few others were banging his drum early in the window then a spurs fan lets us know it was a pipe dream

You honestly think if we were actually in for or really wanted diop and morrison, than they would choose west ham and leicester over us?

Eh, I wouldn't understand choosing West Ham over us simply because they look like a toxic club simply just happy to buy up trophy wives to make their fans happy. Leicester however, whether you like it or not are probably in the same category as us. Not in terms of history but in terms of attraction today. They just won the league and then had a really good CL run which was a good showcase to players to show players that there is another club outside the top 6 capable of playing good footie and going toe to toe with the big boys. Not to mention they still have some stars playing for them while our most recognisable player is Rooney who will be playing for DC United soon enough. Simply put, they have a game plan and have made seemingly right moves in the market while we have done nothing since hiring Silva. If we start making the right moves, I see them as the only club capable of battling it out with us for a spot in the top 7 this season. If we don't then we simply fall further behind them in terms of our ability to attract players we want.

We night to get our house in order quickly. The club seem to have gotten happy simply because we have Silva now, but if we dont act then his appointment will just irrelevant as Fat Sam come next summer.

People seem to also be forgetting that - while we do definitely need players, and we will get them - the main issues last year stemmed as much from the management as anyone else.

Our squad does have some talent. They're not all awful. We do need significant improvement in some areas. One of those areas was the manager.

The players are back in 11 days. Everyone bar Pickford, Gylfi and Gana.

Interesting we've hardly been linked to any strikers. Obviously it's limited numbers in this year, but feel this position shouldn't be overlooked.

Niasse and DCL is a big gamble unless:

a) cenk stays fit pretty much all season and is consistent and

b) Dcl develops his finishing enough to hit double figures. Which we'd all agree the jury is out on.

Don't worry lads, we only need about 20 players out/in (about 15 out, 5 in) before end of transfer window. Haha. Looks like Brands and Silva have actually just been sat on their arse for months and only now are starting to think of targets. Typical Everton!

Interesting we've hardly been linked to any strikers. Obviously it's limited numbers in this year, but feel this position shouldn't be overlooked.

Niasse and DCL is a big gamble unless:

a) cenk stays fit pretty much all season and is consistent and

b) Dcl develops his finishing enough to hit double figures. Which we'd all agree the jury is out on.

There has been a couple of tenuous links, then again, all links have been. I'd imagine we don't see it as a priority as others so we're more concerned with fixing the defence and midfield and if we have time we'll get another striker late on.

As he's "free" we should just be jumping at bas dost and taking a risk. Could pay off handsomely, just risk that we'll sell players eventually, at least that's one position we wouldn't have to worry about and will have saved a few Bob.

Maybe Silva wants to use walcott/Sandro there? Whether Sandro wants to play here is another thing.

Despite his age ( 30 ), I`m very surprised that no one has mentioned Mousa Dembele at Spurs.

Apparently he`s been told he can leave and according to the rags, is off to China.

There aren`t many better midfielders better in the Premier league and he pisses all over that cart horse Carvalho.

I'd be all over it, but something stinks about it. He's always struggled with injuries and has been brilliant for spurs so it's very alarming they now just want to sell.

It makes me think they know he's about to break down and they want to fleece him. If there was nothing wrong with him he'd have great offers on the table.

I'd like wanyama myself.

If we went for Ruben loftus cheek I reckon he would actually come to us. He isn’t good enough for a sky 6 side just yet and we are surely the next best thing

RLC would be a great signing, very unlikely though, isn't it.

When do our players start flying off the shelves ?
Yeah man we would play him behind DCL and in front of RFM! Maybe even look at signing JWP from Southampton too!

Status
Not open for further replies.