Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
The World Cup disrupting the transfer window may work in our favour in shifting the players we need to. Teams will surely panic buy and it could play well into our hands.

Makes me laugh how impatient some people are on here.

There are teams who need to get a lot more in than we do and they’ve done no business.
For example Burnley have to contend with European football next season - they’ve signed...no one.
Chelsea need to strengthen to try and get back to challenging the top 4 - they’ve signed....no one.
Fulham have just been promoted - they’ve signed....no one.

Think most fans agree we only need 4-5 new signings. We’ve got plenty of time to get them in. I’m glad that we’re seeking to take our time looking for the right players to bring in (one of which i hope is currently playing in the World Cup - Lozano).

We’ll do plenty of business.

200.gif

Just yet anyway :coffee:

Makes me laugh how impatient some people are on here.

There are teams who need to get a lot more in than we do and they’ve done no business.
For example Burnley have to contend with European football next season - they’ve signed...no one.
Chelsea need to strengthen to try and get back to challenging the top 4 - they’ve signed....no one.
Fulham have just been promoted - they’ve signed....no one.

Think most fans agree we only need 4-5 new signings. We’ve got plenty of time to get them in. I’m glad that we’re seeking to take our time looking for the right players to bring in (one of which i hope is currently playing in the World Cup - Lozano).

We’ll do plenty of business.

Mate things were that dire last season we had to hire Big Sam Alladyce due to relegation fears - im sorry but if your aim is to challenge the top 6 and you have the likes of Baines, Williams, Martina, Calvert Lewin, Bolasie, Keane, Jagielka among others in and around the starting 11 then you desperately need signings. Did you see how long it takes us to sign half decent players or ones for big money - Siggurdsson for example. We cant afford to do that if we give ourselves only 3/4/5 weeks to get ALL of our business done.

Walsh and Koeman were the emperor's new clothes this time last season so let that be a lesson to the laissez faire attitude among our fans - this club needs a boot in the backside absolutely no question.

Mate things were that dire last season we had to hire Big Sam Alladyce due to relegation fears - im sorry but if your aim is to challenge the top 6 and you have the likes lf Baines, Williams, Martina, Calvert Lewin, Bolasie, Keane, Jagielka among others in and around the starting 11 then you desperately need signings. Did you see how long it takes us to sign half decent players or ones for big money - Siggurdsson for example. We cant afford to do that if we give ourselves only 3/4/5 weeks to get ALL of our business done.

Walsh and Koeman were the emperor's new clothes this time last season so let that be a lesson to the laissez faire attitude among our fans - this club needs a boot in the backside absolutely no question.
Siggy was signed under the previous regime, so I don't see how that is indicative of future dealings. Lets put some faith into Brands/Silva until they give us reason not to. This is day 18 on the job for Marcel, surely he deserves at least a month's time.

Siggy was signed under the previous regime, so I don't see how that is indicative of future dealings. Lets put some faith into Brands/Silva until they give us reason not to. This is day 18 on the job for Marcel, surely he deserves at least a month's time.

Considering Kenwright is involved in some capacity in transfer negotiations and continues to do so under his role of Chairman I would say concerns of the pace of securing transfers are very valid - especially when every half decent player post WC will have their agent stalling deals trying to get maximum interest and fee's from rivals clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.