Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay, the German LB has been pants ;);)
Sign him up :cheers:

Am I doing it right? :blush:
Thought after his near own goal early on he had a decent game. Supported the attack well and has a fine left foot on him. Put in 3 or 4 really good crosses into the box and it's a long time since I've seen that from an Everton left back.

Lozano has taken all the plaudits from this game but I think Plattenhardt has been equally as good in a quietly effective way.

Not sure how I’m so wrong here.

Lozano 27 caps for Mexico, 8 goals
17 goals and a load of assists and title winner (admittedly in Dutch league)

Lookman 1 goal in 15 games for Everton.
5 goals in 11 games for Leipzig.
England u21 international, 0 goals.

How does Lookman look better than him? I’ve seen Lookman have some terrible games where he’s literally done nothing.

How old is Lookman ? You don't compare careers for teenagers.

Someone said Lookman looks better than him. I disagree. They’re both young players and as much as it’s a fair point re comparing careers to date I’m struggling to see reasons why lookman looks better.

How does Lookman look better than him? I’ve seen Lookman have some terrible games where he’s literally done nothing.

Why can't we have both?

And trebuchet Bolasie into the Sun.

Thought after his near own goal early on he had a decent game. Supported the attack well and has a fine left foot on him. Put in 3 or 4 really good crosses into the box and it's a long time since I've seen that from an Everton left back.

Lozano has taken all the plaudits from this game but I think Plattenhardt has been equally as good in a quietly effective way.
Better than Coco Martina, so I’d definitely have him here ;)

You're not wrong, there is a weird cult around Lookman in here. The lad's a very good prospect but to not only compare him to a seasoned international performing well on the world stage but to state that he is better and that anyone who says otherwise is an idiot is utterly delusional. They're the ones with the problem mate, you crack on.

But your point was to discount lookmans performances in Germany because you didn’t watch any of them. I’m assuming you don’t watch the Dutch league either, so trying to compare them because you haven’t seen lookman is irrelevant as I can’t imagine you have watched Lozano either.
The stats are fair enough, but that’s not what you were talking about.

Ps, I think Lozano is currently a better player. But think lookman has a huge amount of potential and think it’s a disservice to him to just ignore his good performances to prove a point.

But your point was to discount lookmans performances in Germany because you didn’t watch any of them. I’m assuming you don’t watch the Dutch league either, so trying to compare them because you haven’t seen lookman is irrelevant as I can’t imagine you have watched Lozano either.
The stats are fair enough, but that’s not what you were talking about.

Fair enough the point might not have been made too well but Lookman has had around a dozen good games (all in Germany) which I haven’t seen. Not sure what the poster who said that lookman looks better than Lozano is basing that on? I’m possibly wrongly assuming that they didn’t watch all his games for Leipzig.

It's nothing like Fred - who is a squad player for Brazil. It's unlikely any good performance would have commanded a bigger fee.

United have also been tracking Fred since January. We have only just appointed our coaching staff.

Lozano is Mexico's bright young talent and the Eredivise's best attacker. Why would PSV cash in before he could do something like score a great goal against the World Champions.

I don't think anyone is falling over the club, it's just been realistic. And yes, realistically we need to shift players because we have a massive squad. What's new there? Everyone knows it...

Well Fred had both Manchester clubs among others sniffing around him so yes a good WC would have given him greater value.

Shakhtar are also owned by a multi billionaire whereas PSV are not and would snatch your hands off at £30 million from their old pal Marcel. Lets not pretend a CL elite side will be bidding £50 million + for him he is good but not yet at that elite level - PSV will know roughly what sort of fee they will get for him with or without a few good WC performances its just the player himself is more likely to go to a European club for £30 million than Everton for £30 million off the back of it.

Saints and Leicester also bidding for Maddison, West Ham with Diop - the club have gone back to sell to buy ditherers mate - the penny will drop soon enough.

Better than Coco Martina, so I’d definitely have him here ;)
Twice the player Baines is now too sadly.

The one thing I'd say is that when he did get forward he left a lot of space behind that Mexico exploited, but that's because the Germans, surprisingly, played with very little defensive discipline. Both full backs bombed forward but neither their wide players or central midfielders showed any appetite to cover for them. Hopefully we wouldn't be so naive.

Status
Not open for further replies.