Stuttering penalty run ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know that film, The Purge? Once a year fans should be able to vote for the player they would most like to web in the knackers! Pogba’s plums would be the size of space hoppers i reckon! :/

A penalty is enough of an advantage already. The rule should be that you can't slow down in your run up to the ball. maintain the same pace or increase speed and that's ok. Anything else (in the ref's opinion, just like the rest of the game) and the penalty is void. you don't get to re-take it. That should stop all the arses who, having got the massive advantage of a free shot at goal, want to make the balance of power even more unfair.
Easy rule change but the powers that be are too thick to think of it!

Nice to see Gomes drop him on his arse. Pogba sat on the ground like the prima donna he is. Come the return at goodison, when Gomes is fully match fit, and I can see Pogba getting a right royal going over. Class, you either have it or you don't and Carlton Pogba doesn't.

I think they’re fine. They’re taken exclusively by knobhead players who more often than not go on to miss. No complaints from me.

Its a right old cock womble thing to do, however unfortunately for us on Sunday this run up put him position to knock the saved rebound in.

But if the run-up doesn't generate any additional power, surely the best way to take a pen is from a standing position. The goalie can't work anything out from the run-up, has no additional time to move forward, if the striker knows where the ball is going he can't lose as he has no additional time to change his mind. There have been a few pens taken from a standing position, I'd like to see more.

What would be a great rule change is to not give penalties at Old Trafford when the defender clearly gets the ball.

If the penalty is never given, Pogba doesn't get his chance to do his pathetic run up.

Status
Not open for further replies.