Stuttering penalty run ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue61

I panda to nobody
Am I imagining it? But I'm sure broken, stuttering run ups were deemed unsportsmanlike several years ago, and rules were put in place to stop them. Not just yesterday, but loads of players seem to do this now. Were the rule changes scrapped or am I just making it up?

I think it’s only a definite stop that’s against the rules.

You just look like a nobhead with these stuttering ones.

Goalkeepers need to dive really early, and make the referee make a decision. The rules clearly state you can't stop and start but it's a very grey area in practice. If a keeper went really early and furiously screamed that he was dummied then referees would have a problem.

Pogbas run up doesn't help his penalty whatsoever, same with Richarlison v Southampton it doesn't make it more accurate so why do it, just run up and smash it in the net

6 step run up and then a toey into wherever it goes.

Never missed a pen in my life. They should learn from me. Even if they keeper gets a hand to it it will bend their hand back and go in which is a nice bonus.

Football = easy.
That's how I do it too, I remember once a keeper got a good hand on it, bent it back ball went in and the keeper had to go off with a fracture wrist, and to add insult to injury they'd used their 3 subs. Lol during training nobody would go in goal for my penaltys.

If it was a case of he has never missed using this technique and it was all part of the route to give him his perfect penalty id be ok with that.
But he's missed a couple and my guessing is you will be able to do that run up on Fifa soon!

Didnt Aldridge used to do stuttered penaltys? Nothing like Pogba's but im sure he used to do a stop and fake! Then probably call the goalie a "NUGGET" before running off to celebrate the 5th goal in a 5-0 win

Status
Not open for further replies.