• Weaker

Votes: 27 23.3%
  • Marc Hottiger

Votes: 12 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We routinely ran a small squad under Moyes, but with decent quality allied to togetherness and organisation.

So the numbers bother me less, but we do lack quality in a lot of areas. Which is no different to our bloated squad filled with crud.

Weaker. It’s a squad game and although when all fit our first 11 is stronger we have zero depth.

Which means a few key injuries and we are fielding dross.
First 11 is only marginally stronger if everyone’s fit. Mina didn’t play much but when he was fit was our best CB. Unclear yet whether Harrison / Danjuma are a big upgrade on Iwobi.

Seeing a lot of people bemoaning the "fact" we are weaker now, than when this window started.
I don't agree at all.
Our biggest issue last year, by a country mile, was scoring goals.
We have rectified that in a big way. To the panel we have added Beto, Danjuma, Chermiti and Harrison. All goal threats, all a big improvement on what we had,

CB has been weakened, ok. However, with Branthwaite coming in, and assuming we see our starting pair as him and Tarkowski, then again, I see no weakening.
Iwobi has gone and with him goes, in my opinion, very little. Bang average, and we got a nice wedge for him. Ashley Young was a very shrewd signing and covers so may spots, primarily both full back rolls.
Post international break, with most if not all players fit, our captain returning and actual goal threats on the pitch, and the bench, I see us in a much stronger position than we were.

Everyone likes to have an active deadline day. Being inactive can frustrate and annoy people and give the impression of a failed window. It's an illusion. We have certainly had a decent window and I believe the weeks and months to come, will reflect this,

UP THE F***ING TOFFEES!
Look at that squad today says it all

A little stronger in attack, seriously weaker in defense, and slightly weaker in the middle with iwobi leaving...all in all, probably weaker but all depends on how good is branthwaite as well as how ready is dele to come back to anywhere close to his level.

Stronger in attack, weaker in midfield, slightly weaker in defence (only through the absence of choice with Mina who barely played, and Coady. Branthwaite may nullify that effect but it remains to be seen, so marginally stronger just through having more attacking options. If Gray goes, than would probably veer into weaker territory, as even if he is more miss than hit, he still score the odd goal that have shown to be points winners.

…we look pretty grim to me. Coleman, Harrison and McNeil might make a difference but I see us worst than last season. Beto impressed against Doncaster but he still has to prove his worth.

Harrison and McNeil come back and we have a decent side I think. Any injury to a centre back and we’re in big trouble though

It's an appalling window - one where the owners and board have decided to clear the decks for the Chapmpionship.
After the clubs financial performance over the last 3 or 4 years the owners have no money to spend. The club are in serious danger of a points deduction due to FFP and with investment falling through recently administration isn't an impossibility.
They've cleared the decks for survival.

We may not have improved the team in every area but it's been a financially shrewd window.

If we're lucky enough to avoid relegation... and we'll need a lot of luck... then we'll be in a better position once the finances improve.

Definitely weaker in defence especially numbers

Definitely weaker in nets. Begovic is better than Virginia.

Midfield is short a body. Iwobi could cover there and has left.

Out wide we basically replaced Gordon and Iwobi with Harrison and Danjuma, one a short term loan.

Up top clearly stronger.

But overall find it a difficult argument to say squad is better. At best its much of a muchness. I'd argue slightly weaker.

But standing still even means going back in this league.
I think there is a lot more potential to score goals. Get a couple of those first and you are away.

Ironically attack looks our strongest area now
Also I felt our only real ‘first eleven when fit’ loss was Mina and Branthwaite has looked superb in two games.

I think the only way we’re weaker is depth and honestly, our quality in depth was pathetic before so I don’t think we’re weaker anywhere now… we just need to not have injuries at CB or CM or we’re very exposed

Status
Not open for further replies.