Strikers Available in the next Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deeney is a good shout. Would have thought with our supposed new found wealth we could match Watford for wages.

Long article in the Times recently on Deeney. Turned down a move to Leicester in the summer because he feels he owes his football to Watford. Be very difficult to break loyalty if it's genuine

Since several years we are lacking at a second striking option. Valencia is not the answer and still a last minute panic buy in my opinion. We must go for a striker in january, Troy Deeney could be the one. I hope we don't wait till deadline day once again.

I think we need two of equal quality. I'd be looking at a striker with potential and someone who knows where the net is. You'd think we'd have the cash to spend, even before Lukaku's sale. Personally I'd take Rooney back and have him lead the line. Though wages will be a stumbling point. Maybe Rooney, someone like Igahlo and a versatile winger/striker who has potential like demarai gray. But I think out need for a proper creative midfielder is of equal importance.

Troy Deeney would be a good addition, but I'm not sure we could match Watford's wages.

humf_zps3d61fed8.gif

I think this week demonstrates we need a few players, outside the top 12/13 we see a drop off in performance. We need a replacement/partner for Lukaku. We need a playmaker, we need cover for Coleman, we need cover for Stek we need cover/replacement for Barry. Basically we need the mythical £100 million and proper people in charge of our transfer dealings. We also need a clean out of players who add nothing to the team but who take up a wage.
All in all we need the same as what we needed at the start of the summer.

I'm a big fan of Deeney. We need a focal point up front with the way we play. Reckon he'd score a fair few for us with the way we play.

I expected Valencia to be absolute toilet.
Hate it when said player proves me right.

There is a severe lack of good goalscorers about these days. I hope Walsh and Koeman are up till the early hours each night, scouring the globe for the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.