Strangest place you've seen an Everton player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used to work in the Spar on Harrington road in Formby and used to regularly serve Baines, hibbert and Howard Kendall. Howard always came in for bread and milk on a Saturday morning and we’d always have a quick Everton chat.

Once I went into the Pinewoods pub round the corner with my dad and Howard bought me a pint. Dad was star struck and stood there fuming that I was getting a pint off him and he wasn’t

Also sat next to Graham Poll on a flight to Berlin a few years ago. He wasn’t forthcoming with conversation

I was hitch-hiking (remember that?) from Chester to my girlfriend’s in Llandudno and a smart Rover pulled up and picked me up. I got in and didn’t look directly at the driver. After ‘hello’ and ‘thank you’ I mentioned that the car was smart. He said it came with the job... I asked what he did for a living... “I play football”. Looked at him... Micky Thomas! Drove me all the way and went out of his way to drop me outside my girlfriend’s front gate.

Saw Jon Joe Kenny coming out the gym in Aintree a few weeks back. Gave me a little let on when he noticed my Everton top.

Saw Arteta walking down Church street with his missus around ten years ago. They abruptly stopped and had a massive argument. She storms off and arteta is stood there shaking his head as if to say 'Why are women like this'.

Lee Carsley in town as well going into scope.

Also Alan Stubbs at a christening.

Maybe Artetas missus was also asking where the ‘Arteta money’ was as well.

I was hitch-hiking (remember that?) from Chester to my girlfriend’s in Llandudno and a smart Rover pulled up and picked me up. I got in and didn’t look directly at the driver. After ‘hello’ and ‘thank you’ I mentioned that the car was smart. He said it came with the job... I asked what he did for a living... “I forge dodgy banknotes”. Looked at him... Micky Thomas! Drove me all the way and went out of his way to drop me outside my girlfriend’s front gate.

Fixed it for you John.

Status
Not open for further replies.