Homepage Update: Stones tells Everton he wants Man City transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he doesn't want to play for a up and coming team with financial muscle and a state of the art stadium in the pipeline (hoping) managed by one of the best attacking CB ever then let him go .

His age and excellent ability on the ball have always been how he seduced all of us. Nobody his age does the on the ball stuff quite him...it's sexy...I've been totally seduced.

Defensively he is below average...a liability in the air and below par on reading the game.

Not too arsed if he goes for a massive fee.

We will be stronger for it.

Good luck Pep trying to improve Stones.
His defending at set pieces leaves a lot to be desired
53m...? take it quickly and get a proper defender in the John Terry/Dave Watson mould

TBF, he is talented enough to manage that.

He's succeeded. Talent is only skin deep, for such a supposedly talented player he makes far to many mistakes why gloss over it, or are you suggesting his mistakes were deliberate.

Wonder how long it'll take the pundits to change their 'You've got to let him play his game even if he makes mistakes' comments to 'You can't make mistakes like that at a top club.'

He's succeeded. Talent is only skin deep, for such a supposedly talented player he makes far to many mistakes why gloss over it, or are you suggesting his mistakes were deliberate.
I meant that the physical act of stabbing oneself in the back is very hard to achieve. To do so requires talent. Stones has got a lot of talent.

I don't think anyone is "emphasising" with him

We just understand why he'd want to go and have no malice in a guy who has given us 3 years of his life deciding he wants to play for another football team

He's not talking the club down, he's not being a tit, he just wants to go

Fine, fair enough

He's not a Blue himself and he didn't come from our own academy, so why should he owe us anything other than his honesty?

It just seems unfair in my eyes, when he's seemingly going about it the right way

People change jobs all the time. That's all Everton is to him. So long as he gives his all whenever he puts that shirt on, then that's fine for me

Again, if he was a Blue, had been here for ages or come through our own system, I'd understand your feelings more, but he's none of that stuff

I don't expect his loyalty, I expect him to be professional, which thus far he's being
, I expect him to be professional
unless he was ducking out headers or falling asleep when marking anyone with the ability to move! £50 million? i will carry him to city. He is next years Raheem

Never read such utter tripe in all my life from 90% of you. If I could be arsed I'd vault all the times you all said he's the best thing out there.

Absolute wham.
Er.....
why would anyone be praising Stones..... IN THIS THREAD.
You not read the title ?, Why would you expect anything other than "move on"... IN THIS THREAD !!

His mind is made up. I think it's a case of let him go, we''re getting very for him. I bet Barnsley fans are going g nuts, thinking how they will spend their cut?

Seriously though, shame he is going because I think he'd of gotten better for us this season. Shame we had a clueless manager last season, when it came to defending. We do need a decent replacement though.

Whenever a player leaves or looks like he might leave, he automatically becomes "rubbish"

It strikes me as a coping mechanism

Sorry to burst bubbles, but Rom is Boss and Stones is definately Boss

If they leave and go elsewhere, they will still be boss

Doesn't mean we can't cope if they leave or anything like that, but to suddenly act like these excellent players are suddenly pish because they don't want to play for Everton anymore is straight up laughable

At the risk of repeating myself - lets buy in first before we have to sell him. How many times have we sold near the end of the window and bought players in the last day or so.
If we truly have the funds in place, lets bring someone in first and then sell Stones (regrettably for me) in the last week of the window. Its been done to us so many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.