Homepage Update: Stones tells Everton he wants Man City transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
aye but the abuse kinda was directed at the manager most of the time. even that video at wembley where jags is telling ross they aren't booing you, they are booing him.

I fully understand him wanting to leave the club, but i don't think the fans necesserily turned on him, the love he would have got at the start of the season was better than most players get anyway!

So embarrassing.

I think he's mad not wanting to work under Koeman and a new look Everton who have a bit of change and ambition for once. But unless your a blue, you'll think he's mad not to go work with guardiola and a ready made league winning side.

I'd like to think if I was him, I'd want to earn my way to the top with Everton.

I Imagine james Vardy and mahrez enjoyed winning the league with Leicester more than they would of if they did it with City where you're expected to win it every season.

:pint2:

;)

Stones is replaceable like all of our players are, although I do think he will go on to be a fantastic CB probably one of the best this country has seen. I think this is probably the right time for club and player to move on, hopefully this is the start of many movements in the transfer market involving us, the next 7-10 days I think we will see a whole new look of Everton...

Just listening to TalkSport in the car, sue me, anyway, they reckon Stones 53m is done, the clubs are discussing payment options.

Just passing on the info lads, im aware of what utter biffs they are.
Payment options?

It's the richest football club in the world. They're not buying from a catalogue. Mr. Moores has left the club.

I don't think anyone is "emphasising" with him

We just understand why he'd want to go and have no malice in a guy who has given us 3 years of his life deciding he wants to play for another football team

He's not talking the club down, he's not being a tit, he just wants to go

Fine, fair enough

He's not a Blue himself and he didn't come from our own academy, so why should he owe us anything other than his honesty?

It just seems unfair in my eyes, when he's seemingly going about it the right way

People change jobs all the time. That's all Everton is to him. So long as he gives his all whenever he puts that shirt on, then that's fine for me

Again, if he was a Blue, had been here for ages or come through our own system, I'd understand your feelings more, but he's none of that stuff

I don't expect his loyalty, I expect him to be professional, which thus far he's being

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/given

Who played downtrodden employee card?

Should I empathize with the billionaire accountant of a Post-Soviet strongman instead?

And how can I empathize with an organization? An organization does not feel. I empathize with a human wanting to better himself.

I support Everton. That doesn't mean I have to reject my understanding of other people.

Everton are wonderful, and I want them to win everything. That doesn't mean I'm willing to reject my principles for them...that's the way of a darker path. Is it a shame that there is so much money involved these days, and that it's spread so disparately that players feel like they need to go to a bigger club? Sure it is. Is it a shame that Champions League has begun to mean more to players than domestic leagues? Definitely. Do I place the blame for modern football at the feet of a 21 year old defender, with, again, no natural ties to Everton? Not so much.

He's done literally nothing wrong. I'm only defending Stones because I think the anti-Stones rhetoric is a bit over the top and ridiculous. It's just a bunch of jilted people lashing out at the former object of their affection because he doesn't love you as much as you loved him.

It's silly. Everton are greater than any one player. Accepting that John Stones doesn't want to play for Everton and not hating him for it doesn't mean I don't want Everton to succeed just as much as you.

It just means I don't think John Stones leaving is some deep implication of his character, nor do I believe it is the end of the world for Everton. And I don't think players should be forced to work in situations that they do not want to work...just like any employee. Regardless of wages. No one is beholden to enjoy their job or to not strive to (in their own opinion) better themselves.

The correct answer is to say, 'Fair enough. If we get the money, off you go. It's a shame, because you'll be great one day. And I think you're making a mistake. But that doesn't mean I think you're a bad person/footballer/cat/etc. just because you want to self-determine'.

The organisation you are talking about is Everton Football Club. It may or may not change the way it deals in the football arena going forward, post new investment, but by adding the leader of Everton In The Community to its board of directors, it is making a statement that it intends to continue and enhance that role going forward.

Seriously?, so much money involved that players 'NEED' to move on?

I'm pretty sure Stones wouldn't like to work at Tesco, Asda or Sainsburys. However, if he did and was unhappy it would reflect in his performance (as would someone working on a till who doesn't smile and throws your food through the scanners etc). At this point, as a customer, I would question why he is doing the job, but the employer would ask what his needs are and what training is available to correct this. If his reply is "I want to go to Waitrose, because they have a new manager there that does great things for employees", would sound credible until you realise that the newly appointed manager of your store actually won everything in your department. He will train you in your position better than the other manager!

To sum all that up....
Football, at the highest level, is different to other trades.
Wanting to change teams twice in a calendar year, both apparently to take the 'next step' with god himself, is both nauseating and bu%$sh*£.
The agent, needs a payday and he is the puppet master.

Yep.

I empathize with him. I tend to empathize with employees over employers. You say, 'repay us'. He did. He repaid us by playing football to the best of his ability, getting his head down, and doing his job.

His wages do not factor into it. They were mutually agreed to by the club. The club can choose to deny his request to leave (unless there is a contractual clause) and I would expect him to get his head down and do his job, as he did sign the contract, afterall.

But why demonize someone for wanting what they feel is best for themselves? Is that not the nature of a market economy? Of course I want was is best for Everton first. But that doesn't mean I have to ignore intellectual consistency in my views...which as stated above tend to side with labor.

John Stones isn't Everton. It will exist with or without him. It's a shame it will likely be without him. Doesn't make him a snake, or a bad footballer, or a tit, or any of the vitriolic reactions.

He's an employee with an opportunity at a (presently) bigger company.

Remember he's not a Blue. To him it is a business, as it should be...anything else would leave him open to exploitation.

Jimmy Hill got rid of the maximum wage some 50 years ago. Premiership footballers aren't exploited. People on and below the minimum wage are exploited. Keep it real.

All down to Roberto this, he messed up the whole team and thus the defence. The Stones away thing is collateral damage...can't see him getting even a toilet named after him.

(Agents and tapping up doesn't help either)

Status
Not open for further replies.