Stoke City V Everton. (Sunday 14th Aug.1.30 pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my gran could make better challenges in the air then Felaini, he's looked bloody scared of jumping for the ball if anyones near him!
But he's getting involved and looking interested, early days for him and Castillo to get settled in but 1-0 at half time is good.

Back 4 look sooooooooooooooooooo comfortable compared to start of season. Players playing in their best positions really does work.
Happy with the system, Anichebe might not of set the world on fire but he isn't supposed to, hasn't played badly and is helping Nev out.

Hopefully go on to get another one in the second half.

Terrible match to watch. Understandably we look like a team thats never played together before.

However I am pleased with the new guys. Castillo doesn't seem to be the most precise passer, but looks very strong and reminds me of Makelele which can't be bad.

Fellaini has been tidy and looks like he is feeling his way into it. Very nice to see us with some stature.

Last edited:
Yakubu's been quite poor to be honest in terms of link up play, great finish though. Just shows how important he is too us whether he's playing well or not.

Is there a better finisher in the League? I don't think so to be honest.

In all fairness to the lad hes there to score goals, he never really works his tripe off and his 1st touch sometimes is dire, but hes a goalscorer and NOT a striker/target man and he excels at his job. :D

Boring game so far.... the only exciting thing is Fellaini. He has an excellent first touch and had perfect shot block by a defender. Castillo has been quiet because his still learning to adapt.

I miss Baines running down the left wing :( but Lescott is a more complete defender.

I don't think either atm are gelling with the rest of the team, but no reason they should be given the amount of time they've had to train.

I can see Fellaini being great for us tho, he's making himself involved, great heading, good control and some nice passes. Look forward to seeing him next half.

Well clearly the lack of English isnt helping and its so hard for them both, new league, new country, new team mates, we cant expect it to be easy for them, but they both look like they can play and it bodes very well.

Yakubu's been quite poor to be honest in terms of link up play, great finish though. Just shows how important he is too us whether he's playing well or not.

Is there a better finisher in the League? I don't think so to be honest.

Bit harsh on the Yak, he is working hard enough IMO, Fellini has a good engine needs that bit of expierence though, Castillo looks good but needs time to adapt, both thm and their team mates are evidently still getting to know each other, however cant fault either, Fellini looks like he has a good engine, bot will shine IMO with a bit of expierence. We need to keep an eye out for a sucker punch early in the second.

Is ossie injured?

Yakubu is working hard, moving around to get the ball, hes not doing a single thing wrong. Castillo and Fellaini look good, as i said before, they need to train with the team abit more i think, get used to the types of passes everton like to do...Cant help think though that fernandes wouldve been better and cheaper than Fellaini though :(

Bit harsh on the Yak, he is working hard enough IMO, Fellini has a good engine needs that bit of expierence though, Castillo looks good but needs time to adapt, both thm and their team mates are evidently still getting to know each other, however cant fault either, Fellini looks like he has a good engine, bot will shine IMO with a bit of expierence. We need to keep an eye out for a sucker punch early in the second.

Is ossie injured?

He's worked hard yes but his link up play hasn't been the best, usually it's excellent. Only a little critisim. The finish was quality though.

Yakubu is working hard, moving around to get the ball, hes not doing a single thing wrong. Castillo and Fellaini look good, as i said before, they need to train with the team abit more i think, get used to the types of passes everton like to do...Cant help think though that fernandes wouldve been better and cheaper than Fellaini though :(

A completely different player to be honest, Fernandes is superb but he couldn't do the job Fellaini does so you can't really compare. Fellaini's been fine, looks very comfortble in possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.