STILL NO NEW FACES!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids are the way forward for a club with 12 outstanding loans. Promote all the kids in the 22 'man' squad to first teamers and sell on as many senior players as possible. Remember: the biggest cost at any club is wages. If we cut them to the bone we wont have to borrow as much. Winning games is all well and good, but we must at all times be fiscally prudent.

and instead of paying for a kit man the players mums can take it in turns to wash the kit.

Kids are the way forward for a club with 12 outstanding loans. Promote all the kids in the 22 'man' squad to first teamers and sell on as many senior players as possible. Remember: the biggest cost at any club is wages. If we cut them to the bone we wont have to borrow as much. Winning games is all well and good, but we must at all times be fiscally prudent.

Now your coming, round to my way of thinking, three signings should be enough, i am aware your being sarcastic but i wouldnt be so disparageing about the young players coming through.

Now your coming, round to my way of thinking, three signings should be enough, i am aware your being sarcastic but i wouldnt be so disparageing about the young players coming through.

Rodwell has a handful of minutes first team experience. JPK has had SPL experience...throwing them (and certainly the others) into the Premiership deep end is about a season away at best.

But this seems to be the way forward.

Rodwell has a handful of minutes first team experience. JPK has had SPL experience...throwing them (and certainly the others) into the Premiership deep end is about a season away at best.

But this seems to be the way forward.

With respect mate, if the manager chooses to, he has earned the right of loayalty and respect form the fans, to respect his footballing opinion, if he feels its the way to go it probably is. "You never win anything with kids" We have seen Vaghan, Ronney, and to a lessor extent Vic come in and more then hold their own in the Prem in recent years so i wouldnt question the mangers ability to see quality and bring it through successfully in to the first team. Personaly i would prefer a younger player of quaility breaking through form the acadmey then dropping 18 mill on the Gareth Barrys and David Bentleys of this world.

Last edited:

moyes mainly took youngsters with him to switzerland right? maybe he sees that many of them are ready and thinks its time for them to step up. i'm personally surprised that we didn't see more of the youngsters in our cup games.

Correct I think he will really run the rule over them.If he feels one or two could step in that will help in he assessments overall and who to target. I hope are youth have the ability.;)

i understand your way of thinking, but remember everton are a football club first and a business only second, the purpose of a club is to win, not to make money.

i know you may not have been trying to suggest otherwise, i just wanted it to be clear that winning games should come before prudent spending. that being said, they go hand in hand, and through prudent spending, we may be able to make the buys that will end up winning us things

Oh look. we still have no new faces. wow. another special thread for another repeated subject. Can we have a new kirkby thread please also.

I wish many of you would stop crying about the lack of new faces. It is getting tedious. What are your endless tears actually going to achieve. Moyes is doing the job as he knows best. Be happy with that. If Everton improve on a shoestring would you all be saying"I was wrong to complain all the time, That moyes bloke is doing good for us"

Oops. I should have posted this 5 years ago. Before he improved us on a shoestring. We only need 2 or 3 world class players in, the rest is getting bolstered by our youth(cheaper that way, and we have a good track record). If that is not enough for you, then I am sure 20/20 cricket could be up your street. Instant results, no time needed etc etc etc. If we make wholseale signing we are back to square one.

Oh look. we still have no new faces. wow. another special thread for another repeated subject. Can we have a new kirkby thread please also.

I wish many of you would stop crying about the lack of new faces. It is getting tedious. What are your endless tears actually going to achieve. Moyes is doing the job as he knows best. Be happy with that. If Everton improve on a shoestring would you all be saying"I was wrong to complain all the time, That moyes bloke is doing good for us"

Oops. I should have posted this 5 years ago. Before he improved us on a shoestring. We only need 2 or 3 world class players in, the rest is getting bolstered by our youth(cheaper that way, and we have a good track record). If that is not enough for you, then I am sure 20/20 cricket could be up your street. Instant results, no time needed etc etc etc. If we make wholseale signing we are back to square one.

If this post upsets anyone then it's ok. I was just blowing steam and you will get over it.

But joking aside.

Have faith in the Ginger one. He is not a run of the mill manager and will never seem to be doing what everyone else is. I personally am expecting a party day, where we delay all our announcements for one big day that starts with "David Moyes has signed a new contract and brought with him these new faces:- ......................................................."

Status
Not open for further replies.