Still a shambles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, who will we sign thought.

I reckon we'll get this Tiago lad, he's got experience in the English League already and hopefully he'll be able to slot in.

I'll as again when is M'Bia back from the Olympics? Does anyone know. He's definatly on Moyes's radar.

if tiago was good enough for chelsea, lyon and juventus then there must be something there.

i watched m'bia a couple of time at the og but he seemed very rash. i think moyes is cautious.

but we do need a strong, tall midfielder to sit in front of yobo/jags. i think we need a distributor in that midfield position - similar to a carrick.

Well I never thought Carsley was that good, and I still stand by that. I fully believe that Rodwell has the potential to be ten times better than Carsley and I am willing to see some poor performances before that happens, because my god I saw enough poor performances in so called Super Lee Carsley.
Thing is, a player doesn't always have to be that good to be important to his team. Especially experienced players often bring in more than just their footballing abilities.

Parkinson didn't have much skill either but I still think he was Everton's best defensive mid in the 90's. He just got the ball and gave it to someone who knew what to do with it.

I think it will improve when Cahill and Pienaar is back, and Lescott is back at LB, and Jagielka at CB, our first team when fully fit its great, but how often do we have a fully fit team? :oops: We dont need amazing signings, we need some bench players, who can do their part, maybe one or two first teamers...
I think most of us have been saying this all summer long havent we?

Surely if we can see it the the highups at the club must be able to as well its time to stop fannying around and look for squad players and stop all this nonsense about singing the portugese lad,that money is needed elsewhere in the team

Unless of course the money simply isnt there? and the we really are up [Poor language removed] creak

I agree - but one perspective that i heard today (just an opinion) is that Moyes has the Money, and hasnt signed anyone, which is annoying the board - if he doesnt by the end of the window - could he be the one who is fired?

*hides*

In my opinion, i think that Moyes was expecting the players to be cheaper, he already had the money to buy them, but as the demands rose, Moyes asked for more money, which couldnt happen...so hes stuck in a dilemma - Average = Many signings, Good = Few signings

Sounds like good old fashioned Bull kenwright spin, keep lapping it up. ;)

I'm not sure mate, but something is not right.

Moyesy's statement of 'that's the club statement' on transfer funds just tell's me that something is not right in the club.

My thoughts exactly. SOMETHING isn't right. I really do not believe that Moyes hasn't picked a single player in his list that they could have bought by now.

We couldn't even buy Alan Smith correctly FFS.

Ok, yes it would make it difficult, but I would expect a team who finished 5th minus a couple of semi-key players would still turn over West Brom. If we don't, then we don't but we need to get some perspective. I know this now. Think like the manager.

I see it differently. We finished 5th last season due to a bench with depth that could alter games and support a strong 1st 11. They could also cover injuries. Yesterday we started with 3 players who could not get in the 1st team last season (Baines/Valente/Rodwell) & 1 out of position (Jags). On the bench when we needed a goal, it was Baxter instead of AJ. That is a shameful weakening over 12 months and we now have a bottom 6 squad. Same team loses at West Brom , no doubt in my mind.

At the start of last season we had a thin squad in terms of numbers by standards of the league. We let Stubbs & McFadden go and were wobbling on the run in due to lack of numbers. Moyes even said he would not have let McFadden go if he'd known the injuries we would have. Then a pitifully small squad loses Fenandes, Carsley, Gravesen, Wessels and then AJ. You have to have those type of players on the bench to turn games when it's not going your way. Moyes knows this and would have done something by now if he could - THE MONEY IS NOT THERE. Any club serious about finishing top 6 would not have allowed AJ to go until a better replacement was lined up.

We are 8 players down on what we need and would have acted to plug the gap by now if it were possible. We've kidded ourselves into believing that while Villa , Pompey and Spurs have been buying players, we were after bigger fish. Truth is the fact that no squad players were coming in over the summer was telling us we are financially F**ked.

I see it differently. We finished 5th last season due to a bench with depth that could alter games and support a strong 1st 11. They could also cover injuries. Yesterday we started with 3 players who could not get in the 1st team last season (Baines/Valente/Rodwell) & 1 out of position (Jags). On the bench when we needed a goal, it was Baxter instead of AJ. That is a shameful weakening over 12 months and we now have a bottom 6 squad. Same team loses at West Brom , no doubt in my mind.

At the start of last season we had a thin squad in terms of numbers by standards of the league. We let Stubbs & McFadden go and were wobbling on the run in due to lack of numbers. Moyes even said he would not have let McFadden go if he'd known the injuries we would have. Then a pitifully small squad loses Fenandes, Carsley, Gravesen, Wessels and then AJ. You have to have those type of players on the bench to turn games when it's not going your way. Moyes knows this and would have done something by now if he could - THE MONEY IS NOT THERE. Any club serious about finishing top 6 would not have allowed AJ to go until a better replacement was lined up.

We are 8 players down on what we need and would have acted to plug the gap by now if it were possible. We've kidded ourselves into believing that while Villa , Pompey and Spurs have been buying players, we were after bigger fish. Truth is the fact that no squad players were coming in over the summer was telling us we are financially F**ked.

Well not really fair to speculate mate because nobody knows what's going on.

Yes we need players, yes we need money, yes we need leadership. But we have a great bunch of players already, and they are capable of winning games.

I have to take issue though on our bench last season. It wasn't that impressive, and I don't recall many occasions when it was called into action and proved decisive. Apart from perhaps Vic in Europe.

I agree - but one perspective that i heard today (just an opinion) is that Moyes has the Money, and hasnt signed anyone, which is annoying the board - if he doesnt by the end of the window - could he be the one who is fired?

*hides*

In my opinion, i think that Moyes was expecting the players to be cheaper, he already had the money to buy them, but as the demands rose, Moyes asked for more money, which couldnt happen...so hes stuck in a dilemma - Average = Many signings, Good = Few signings

Who told you that? I got told the same thing by Ian Ross and I have said it many times here, which may have been picked up by others and it has spread to the terraces, or Ian Ross may have told others and that has become spread.

NSNO believes Ian Ross to be a bit of **** with Moyes and perhaps looking to move him on by attacking his reputation.

If moyes had money it would have been spent.
Was it last week we were told at least 3 players would have signed this week and watch this space by that lying prick kenwright.
He hasn,t even got the bottle or respect to us fans to come out and say he has screwed up he,d rather lie to us

If moyes had money it would have been spent.
Was it last week we were told at least 3 players would have signed this week and watch this space by that lying prick kenwright.
He hasn,t even got the bottle or respect to us fans to come out and say he has screwed up he,d rather lie to us

Moyes doesn't buy players. Read the interview and hang on every word, there is so much to understand. "Some stuff remains private" (paraprasing) what the [Poor language removed] does that mean?

Moyes doesn't buy players. Read the interview and hang on every word, there is so much to understand. "Some stuff remains private" (paraprasing) what the [Poor language removed] does that mean?
Moysie has been paid hush money like wyness ghost he will be gone come september.

Anyone who thinks we're not [Poor language removed], is a liar and clueless.

Thing is lots of clubs are F**ked financially but still sign players because they shop where they can afford to buy. We're worse because it looks like the board are pretending there are substantial funds available, probably in a vain effort to keep Moyes onboard.

Someone said earlier, we need to go to the C-list players and while that may be hard to accept after all the Arshavin/Moutinho talk this summer, it's better than putting kids in before the're ready. If we stay with yesterday's squad we could go down

How can we continue like this?

I mean for [Poor language removed] sakes? We have such a brilliant base to start with, a top 5 finish, some brilliant players and then we go and let go of around 7 players from January to August and bring in f*cking no one?

Our subs bench today was pathetic, as was our midfield.

We really need to sort it out, i'm absolutely fuming, they all deserved a boo'ing, from Kenwright to the players, because that was pathetic.

----------------------------

I agree with what you say except booing the players. It's not their fault.

I think this 'big step' that we need to take to challenge the top 4 is what has undone us. Moyes worked so hard and did so well in slowly bringing in unknown players and turning them into brilliant acts. We suddenly try to bring in or at least be linked with lots of very expensive players and suddenly its too much to handle.

We cant suddenly be presented with enough cash to make this 'step up' and perhaps doing so well last season has just raised all fans expectations and put so much pressure on Moyes to keep us at that level and take us further.

Maybe we need to stick to what we've done over the past few years and bring in the same quality we have been bringing in, along with the odd record-breaking signing. Thats whats worked for us so far and until we get some investment or something, we might just have to stick with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.