Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am always ready to give anyone a chance to prove themselves at the club, it isn't fawning enthusiasm, you just hope when someone is appointed or a player is signed that it works out for themselves and the club.

The biggest issue with Walsh as I see it is that he either hasn't asserted himself sufficiently as DOF and allowed muddled decision making, or, if he has asserted his opinion, that it has proven to be clearly wrong in the mix and quality of signings made.

Us mere mortals on GOT are just giving an opinion with no consequences if it's right or wrong. Perhaps Elstone who takes the biggest non-footballing wage out of the club, and Moshiri and Kenwright, as the effective custodians, are responsible for the outcome of hiring a man with no experience in the DOF role, and evidently no clear understanding of it either.

We talk about people in black and white terms, absolute success or failure, but the reality is very many shades of grey. Walsh isn't fully culpable, of course not, but he is an integral part of a failing system and a cog that we can do without. I'll welcome Brands as a person with experience in the role we are filling, you hope someone will get it right eventually and his credentials seem reasonably good to me.

I am always ready to give anyone a chance to prove themselves at the club, it isn't fawning enthusiasm, you just hope when someone is appointed or a player is signed that it works out for themselves and the club.

The biggest issue with Walsh as I see it is that he either hasn't asserted himself sufficiently as DOF and allowed muddled decision making, or, if he has asserted his opinion, that it has proven to be clearly wrong in the mix and quality of signings made.

Us mere mortals on GOT are just giving an opinion with no consequences if it's right or wrong. Perhaps Elstone who takes the biggest non-footballing wage out of the club, and Moshiri and Kenwright, as the effective custodians, are responsible for the outcome of hiring a man with no experience in the DOF role, and evidently no clear understanding of it either.

We talk about people in black and white terms, but the reality is very made shades of grey. Walsh isn't fully culpable, of course not, but he is an integral part of a failing system and a cog that we can do without. I'll welcome Brands as a person with experience in the role we are filling, you hope someone will get it right eventually and his credentials seem reasonably good to me.
I'm just glad I knew nothing about Walsh, and I know even less about Brands.

Ignorance is bliss. I can't lose.

...I think it’s perfectly acceptable for folk to have welcomed the appointment, I think it’s perfectly acceptable that folk gave him a chance. I did that myself, but his record has been very poor so it’s perfectly acceptable to highlight that now.
I think all of his signings at Leicester the season after they won the league flopped too. So not just with us. Time to go I'd say.

I think all of his signings at Leicester the season after they won the league flopped too. So not just with us. Time to go I'd say.
JS95471680.jpg

Yep I think the only one that worked there was Ndidi and I'm not sure if he and scouted him in advance before they got him as I don't think he signed until the January transfer window ( around the time we signed Morgan Shneidercrap)

..if he’s worst than Walsh we’ll be in dire straights. The reality is it’s difficult to anticipate what a new DoF will be like, but it’s not difficult to assess what the current one is like.

You`d really have to go some to be worse than Walsh though.

A blind man could`ve done a better job than Walsh lol

Can’t believe he is still here. He is just as culpable as Koeman for the squandering of 200m, which has left us with a squad that is not only unbalanced but short in quality. I have raised this question before, how many clubs have had a successful DOF/Manager combination?
United in their period of dominance didn’t have a DOF. They had an outstanding manager and a very astute chief executive in David Gill. If we were to replace elstrone with a decent chief executive, would there be any need for a DOF?

Can’t believe he is still here. He is just as culpable as Koeman for the squandering of 200m, which has left us with a squad that is not only unbalanced but short in quality. I have raised this question before, how many clubs have had a successful DOF/Manager combination?
United in their period of dominance didn’t have a DOF. They had an outstanding manager and a very astute chief executive in David Gill. If we were to replace elstrone with a decent chief executive, would there be any need for a DOF?
I think it's just a case of Everton being Everton, and exhausting all possible poor options before settling on the correct one.

Status
Not open for further replies.